Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map lights on rearview mirror

Hello,

I have a 1998 Firebird Convertible. When I open my door the map lights do not turn on. The map lights do work when I turn them on directly using the on/off switches in the rearview mirror. This makes me tend to believe there is nothing wrong with the mirror itself... but what do I know?

My next concern is the door switches. Where are they located? In older cars I've owned there was a compression button in the doorwell. (but none in the Firebird)

Then... if it is not the door switches, what could it be?

Thanks for any help you could give me!

Re: Map lights on rearview mirror

There should be the same type of switched in the doorwell. They generally have a black piece of rubber covering them. If they're not there, then chances are that's your problem. IIRC, they're normally closed switches, so when you shut the door, the open the circuit and the lights turn off.
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Re: Map lights on rearview mirror

Originally posted by Baelzubub View Post
      Hello,
      Where are they located? In older cars I've owned there was a compression button in the doorwell. (but none in the Firebird)
      Belive it or not those switches are integrated into the latch mechinism in the door itself, long story... anyway you would have to look at that mechanism to check them. the fact that your lights dont turn on even with the switches on the mirror would lead me to think it may be a fuse. i would check that first the n move on to the switches.
      Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
      Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
      Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
      Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
      Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X