burning through turn signal lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burning through turn signal lights

I keep going through turn signal lights everytime it rains even the slightest. Today my right light went out as I was driving to work. I look at the lamp and both the left and right turn signal containers are filled with water. I also notice that the driver side lamp is held in by electrical tape wrapped tightly around to appear to stay in place (never noticed before). What part is used to replace the entire turn signal containers/assembly?

Re: burning through turn signal lights

Our cars dtrl get very very hot...and they melt the housings. I've gone through 2 sets. It's simple really...when you get super hot glass and it hits cool water...you have blown bulbs.

To resolve this issue you must replace the housing...but it will occur again, when the housing melts/cracks and water intrudes.
    Last edited by Christopherrr; 10-26-2008, 06:02 PM.

Comment

I figured as such, but where can I get the housing? All I see are the bulbs and light covers for sale.

Comment

www.yearone.com <---original but very pricey
        www.hawksthirdgenparts.com <--- used
        www.tacreationsusa.com <--- used

you can catch ebay sometimes...

Comment

Maybe you could go for some clear corners that wouldn't retain as much heat with the color difference. i've had no problems with mine.. And honestly I haven't really heard of our housings melting either. Clear or amber.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

The housing is ~25$ at autozone. Or you can do what i did and drill holes on the bottom and silicon all around the lens.

Comment

Actually, once the turn signal bulb slipped out of it holster on me, and melted right through the housing on one of the casings. Was not fun. So I can see how one of the bulbs always goes out, but not the other.

The only thing close to an assembly is this: http://www.tacreationsusa.com/images.../PL_9802FB.JPG

Is that all I really need or is there more to it? It seems too simple.

I would be thinking that the assembly would be close to a fog light assembly: http://www.tacreationsusa.com/images.../FL_9802TA.JPG but I'm probably wrong. :|

Comment

It's very easy to replace..just drop the door under the bumper and there's three self tapping bolts (10mm)...remove bolts, r&r housing and reverse removal.

Firebirds has the issues...not camaros.

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherrr View Post

Firebirds has the issues...not camaros.
                  Ahhhhhhh.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Sorry for posting in the wrong section. Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll give Autozone a run by tomorrow (or later today). I don't get off work until 7am, and then I have to be back at work at 4pm. I wouldn't mind the bulbs going out if they weren't like 17.99 for a pair at the store :(

Comment

I drilled a couple of holes in the bottom of my clear corner lights to drain any water out. Havn't blown any bulbs since

Comment

Mine are starting to crack down the middle of the lens. I went to the Advanced Auto today, and they told me they never carried any parking light casings/assembly like the one I described. Boo. I've seen a few that looked like they might fit, but I don't know the exact measurements of the parking light casings.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X