is this normal??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this normal??????

after i turned off my car the radiator fan stayed on for a good 1-2 minutes and then it just kind of "sputtered" off. Is this normal?

Re: is this normal??????

I have my car tuned that way. Don't think it came factory, but if your car's been tuned it's possible. Great alternative to the SLP switch cuz you don't have to keep track of it.
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

y would it do this for the first time today though?

Comment

Because the PCM was requesting the fans to run when you shut the car off. The fans are enabled to run after the IGN is shut off in the STOCK tune.
        Last edited by bigbrian442; 10-06-2008, 04:09 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

oh ok i thought for a second there something was wrong.....thanks for settling my worries

Comment

I dont know about any sputtering.... but it is perfectly normal for them to stay on, or even turn on, after the car is switched off.
            Red 96' A4 Firebird
            Audio Audio and Autotek
            Check it out here!

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrian442 View Post
              Because the PCM was requesting the fans to run when you shut the car off. The fans are enabled to run after the IGN is shut off in the STOCK tune.
              ^ That is right , in HPtuners it has the run time I think is 90 seconds after the car is off. You must of hit the 235 or more in temp to have them come on. I would have to look at Hptuners to see what the temp is to have them come on after the car is shut off.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

yea i think your right about all that, i didnt know that and i did push her a little today for fun.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X