Blinkers Very Slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blinkers Very Slow

My blinkers worked fine then one day they started going really slow. When I turn them on it literally stays on like the bulbs are out, then blinks after like 3 seconds, then goes back on for another 3 seconds. It all works fine its just very very very slow and they stay on for way too long before they blink. Its not a bulb out because they actually do come on and blink it just takes too long. I need it fixed because people dont know im turning unless they pay attention to it blinking really slow. Theres a firebird in a nearby junkyard i can go pull anything out of if i need to but I dont want to be doing all this work if its not going to work so if anyone knows or has heard of this before please help me out. Thanks.

Re: Blinkers Very Slow

Only couple things it could be. And you're right, it's not a bulb. Flasher relay?
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

I was thinking that I just wasn't sure what it was called. If most people can point that out as the most probable cause of the problem I will look into the firebird at the junkyard for a new one.

Comment

Only about $9 at Auto Zone for an electronic one.

Comment

That sounds easy enough. Anyone have pictures to show where it is or how to take it out? Thanks.

Comment

:P you're low in blinker fluid :P

Install is easy; take off the kick panel beneath the steering column, and it's on the right. You're going to have to reach in behind the next panel for it, and it will pop out of it's holder. Not hard at all; there was a pic showing you the exact place, but I don't have it.
            ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
            A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

ITS A BULB

mine did the same thing, i took all of the bulbs out and put them back in and it has been fine ever since.. one of your contacts are probably dirty on the connector

Comment

if it was a bulb it wouldn't blink at all.

Comment

how many volts is your battery reading? the whole week before my battery crapped out on me my blinkers were doing the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by cantrip View Post
                    if it was a bulb it wouldn't blink at all.
                    then how come mine was having the same problems as you for about 2 weeks and after i took all of the bulbs out and put them back in it worked again?

you can choose not to believe me and waste money on a flasher if you would like though..

Comment

Im not saying its not that im just saying most peoples cases on here when it is the bulb is when the blinker doesn't blink at all. Id rather do an easy 9 dollar thing than have to replace every bulb.

and my battery seems to be reading a little bit higher than normal. does that mean its about to crap out on me?

Comment

Originally posted by cantrip View Post
                        Im not saying its not that im just saying most peoples cases on here when it is the bulb is when the blinker doesn't blink at all. Id rather do an easy 9 dollar thing than have to replace every bulb.

and my battery seems to be reading a little bit higher than normal. does that mean its about to crap out on me?
                        i never said replace every bulb, i said to take them out and put them back in.

and no, your battery is most likely fine, mine goes anywhere from 12.5-14v on the gauge

im telling you, i had the same exact problem, all it was was a dirty terminal on the back drivers side bulb

edit* http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=93126

take a read...

Comment

your battery is fine then, when my blinkers did the same thing as yours my battery was only reading 8v so i figured just check your battery to make sure

Comment

If it is a dirty connection would the 4 ways still work properly? I'm having a similar problem and my hazards still work fine. I'm guessing I should just go ahead and get a new flasher?

Comment

*Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X