interior lights and cd player wont turn on - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

interior lights and cd player wont turn on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interior lights and cd player wont turn on

Just like the title says. The cluster lights work with the dimmer. I checked the fuse the wires to the cd player and disconnected the battery for about 10 mins to let the computer reset. I don't really want to go through all the wiring is there anything else I can try or do I have to go through it?

Re: interior lights and cd player wont turn on

10 to 1 its a blown fuse. Check ALL of them. Not just the fuse you think it should be on.
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

could be BCM as well. Check if your windows work; if not then your BCM may be bad.
      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
      A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

the windows work and it's to dark out to check all the fuses so I'll check them tomorrow morning.

Comment

If you have a multimeter, turn it to continuity with the audible buzzer. Touch each probe to the two test points on the tops of every fuse. If you here the buzzer, the fuse it good. Run up one row and down the other. With this method, you should be able to check every fuse in the car in under 60 seconds.
          Red 96' A4 Firebird
          Audio Audio and Autotek
          Check it out here!

Comment

so I check the fuses and the air bag fuse was out so I replaced it and now everything works fine. Anyone know why the air bag fuse would do this?

Comment

And the 10 to 1 pays out as usual.

I've worked on a whole lotta cars in my time. I've learned the labels on fuse diagrams are next to useless. They label the fuse with one item when many many more may run off that circuit. If you think you may have a blown fuse. Check them all. Every car. Every time.
              Red 96' A4 Firebird
              Audio Audio and Autotek
              Check it out here!

Comment

Originally posted by 96firebird311 View Post
                If you have a multimeter, turn it to continuity with the audible buzzer. Touch each probe to the two test points on the tops of every fuse. If you here the buzzer, the fuse it good. Run up one row and down the other. With this method, you should be able to check every fuse in the car in under 60 seconds.
                just a friendly tip from mechanic to mechanic ohming out fuses wile there in the car can blow various electronic bits in newer cars mercedes, vw, and audii are especially sensitive about it.

Comment

Thanks for the note. I believe certain meters actually says they're safe for this purpose? No?
                  Red 96' A4 Firebird
                  Audio Audio and Autotek
                  Check it out here!

Comment

some do, but for some reason the german vehicles do have variable sensors that actually short the item out. I believe it is used to determine the shelf-life of the item (meaning make it fail on purpose). The excuse given from the dealership is to make it easier for a mechanic to troubleshoot a problem without having to tear it apart. You can think what you want. Oh btw, I do believe the stealership still uses this technique, they just do not go higher than a 2 ohms variance. I may be wrong tho (I suck with electronics)
                    Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

Iv'e got the same problem, but all my fuses are fine.

Comment

what could be causing the fuse to blow? cause it just happened again today.

Comment

First, let me make it clear that you are NOT to install a fuse size larger than posted on the fuse panel cover.

On that note, ensure that the installed fuse size is the correct size for that location.

Installed/Tampered with anything lately? Had any work done on the car? A majority of problems that arise are directly related to the last work done on the car.

niik000, you're gonna have to start tracing. You'll need a multimeter.
                          Red 96' A4 Firebird
                          Audio Audio and Autotek
                          Check it out here!

Comment

I am putting the correct size in and now when I put it in it blows out right away. The only work I had done was the breaks and that was 2 weeks ago.

Comment

What can we tell you? Start tracing wires. You obviously have a short somewhere.
                              Red 96' A4 Firebird
                              Audio Audio and Autotek
                              Check it out here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X