'97 Damn Power Windows!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '97 Damn Power Windows!

I can't seem to locate the thread but I recall numerous posts regarding the poor GM F body power window design. Mine have finally slowed to a crawl and need the occasional pull to get them to go up. What's the fix? Do I need new motors? I've seen rebuilt ones advertised; should I use them? I've also seen them sold with and without the gear. Are the motors riveted to the regulators like some other GM vehicles? How difficult are they to replace? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Re: '97 Damn Power Windows!

Yes, your motors are going to fail soon. They do this very unexpectedly, but it will take a bazillion tries to get your motor up, about 5 mins between each try.

The ones at Advance Auto are about 50 bucks, lifetime warranty.

The one I picked up had the gear on it.

Yes the motor is rivited. To what, I'm not sure, but you need to drill them out.
    Installation is easy, if you have skinny arms. I got done in about 45 mins. Worst part was getting the small nuts to start threading onto the small bolts.

Comment

Also, when you replace them, check out AutoTrix's window fix. I've got to do mine soon :(
      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
      A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Could some please sticky the link below?

http://shbox.com/page/windowmotor.html
        sigpic
        1997 Camaro RS A4
        2006 Chevy Colorado
        2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Before you replace the motors, try spraying a lot of silicone spray into the window tracks. You may have to take the trim panel off to do this. On my beater, the windows could hardly go up. I did this and now they work like new. If that doen't help then it's time for new motors.
          2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X