Clicker Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clicker Issues

Allright, so my clicker is like most woman, allways changing its mind and making my life difficult, LOL:rant:

So I was wondering if you guys could help me isolate my problem and get it to work again, permenantly! I have to start from the begining, when I first got the car, it worked 75% of the time, mostly only the unlock and trunk keys worked, I never had the lock one work. Then after I put in my stereo and put the dash back together, it worked, really well. The trunk and unlock keys work 100% of the time and the lock worked 70% of the time. Then I had to dismantle the dash again to run the wires for my sub and amp. After I put it back together it was, and is (current stage) worse than ever, it works 40% of the time, if that. So I thought it might be a connection or relay in the car, but then....

The remote is funky too. Sometimes it works when you press it normally, sometimes you have to press it like 20 times fast to get it to work, and sometimes when i apply a fair amount of pressure to the area just below the trunk key while i press my desired key it happens to work. I have replaced the batteries in it with fresh ones and made sure that the connections were good.

So any help in what I should look for next or and suggestions or awnsers as to why this happens is greatly appriciated!

Oskar

Re: Clicker Issues

Haha CLICKER!!!!

Touch the remote to the bottom of your chin when you use it. If this helps a ton, then the transmitter in your remote is weak. Why it didn't work, then did, then didn't.... I don't know. It may sound like a loose connection, but I seriously doubt it with this situation.
    Last edited by 96firebird311; 08-27-2008, 07:39 PM.
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

im confused

key fob??

Comment

Given that you didn't state what year your car was, I'm going to assume that it's a 93-95. Because I have a 95, and my remote sucks.. in fact, I just stopped using it. The only way I could ever get it to work would be to get right up on the car, it was pointless. I'm not sure how well the 96-02's work, because they have the newer style keyless entry's, with the more round-like remote. But every 93-95 with the older keyless entry system that I've messed with has had the same problem.. it just doesn't work worth a damn. If you really want a better setup, look into the aftermarkets and get a nice alarm.
        <b>1995 Pontiac Firebird</b> || 3.4L V6

Comment

I will try touching it to my chin!

And yes, its a 94! If I can't get it to work I might look into an aftermarket, as I like my keyless entry! ;)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X