HIDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIDs

putting in my HID 5000s into my fog lights tomorrow. Never done it before. The guy at the store said not to touch the bulbs directly. Are they static sensitive or something? I'm kinda predicting failure because the bulbs are massive the sockets are small and the fog lights are a *************** on the firebird. errr mine are because all the bolts are rusted. You have to take off like 8 nuts to get to one light? wtf.

anyway...any advice?

Re: HIDs

the oils on your hands is what you don't want on the bulb. if you handle them with a paper towel or something of the sort you should be alright. Otherwise it's quite a direct swap, it shouldn't be any harder than replacing the bulb.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

^^ that is true even my fogs were a direct fit, although on the 93-97 fogs I found it easier to take the whole fog light out then use a screw driver to press in a little bit on the metal clip inside the fog light. Then it is a direct swap putting it in. If your 98-02 then I have no clue.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I finished them on saturday and forgot to update! Everything went smoothly, I was a little confused at first, since I originally, was going to take the whole light assembly out, but figured out I didn't need to (in retrospect- duh). I'm a little worried about the seals around the bulb keeping the water out, but I played with them for a while and it didn't seem to be much better, so I figured I should stop before I break them. We'll see

Went with the Silverstar HID 5000's. they're a yellowy white slightly dimmer than my headlights. Not really sure they help me see too much (though I haven't been driving with them) because they are so close to the ground, but then again thats the point. Kinda thought they'd be brighter. Ah well. Also, I kinda wish I would have found 6000's because I kinda like the color better, on the other hand, yellow is better for actual fog.

Was annoyed to find out that you can't have fogs and high beams on at the same time. Again, that makes sense, but I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with the car making that decision for me...

Also replaced driving lights/blinkers. That was nice and easy.

Comment

When I replaced my low beams and fog lights with 6000k HID's, I can click my high beams on and all 6 lights will stay on. Don't know why but I'm not going to complain. I hope someone doesn't flash me, because they will get a E.T. experience light show.LOL
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

somewhere on this site is a how-to on getting to have your fogs to stay when your highs are on if some one could find it i cant

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X