Reverse Lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse Lights?

Anyone know of any super bright reverse lights for my Camaro? Ever since I nightshaded my tails, I can barely see when I back out at night :( Not a good thing since I deliver pizzas in this car and am at numerous unfamiliar houses every night.
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Re: Reverse Lights?

I have white led bulbs in mine and they are much brighter than the stock bulbs so they may work for you.
    Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
    Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
    Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
    Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
    Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Man, you deliever pizza's in your Camaro??
      I thought you had another car for that.

Your not racking up miles too quickly are ya?

Comment

I dont think they really make any super bright bulbs you can use, they wouldnt be very bright with the nightshades anyway.

Try goin' to wal mart, buying a set of $20 fog lights, and mounting one, or both under your bumper, unseen and pointing toward the back of the car and wire them up to your reverse lights so they turn on, or put them on a toggle so you only use them when you need them.
        *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

I had a body guy that nightshaded my reas and I took 1000 grit, 1500 grit and 2000 grit sandpaper and wet sanded them, then polished them respectively, over the backup lights.

Comment

i have blackout covers, an autodimming rearview mirror and 20% tint. at night its basically guess and be careful
            1997 Camaro LS1 RS
            1994 Camaro - Sold
            1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98 View Post
              I dont think they really make any super bright bulbs you can use, they wouldnt be very bright with the nightshades anyway.

Try goin' to wal mart, buying a set of $20 fog lights, and mounting one, or both under your bumper, unseen and pointing toward the back of the car and wire them up to your reverse lights so they turn on, or put them on a toggle so you only use them when you need them.
              I don't see how you can hide them yet still use them....

Originally posted by Tom Rs View Post
              i have blackout covers, an autodimming rearview mirror and 20% tint. at night its basically guess and be careful
              I'm in the same boat: nightshaded tails and 10% tint; like I said, I'm at numerous unfamiliar houses at night, so I turn on all my lights on the rear (hazards, reverse and slightly hold the brake) just to get an idea of what's back there, then hope for the best. I really need to get something better before something bad happens :(
              ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
              A few things

Comment

Well, I e-mailed the owner of autolumination, and he suggested i try out "THE BEACON". Ordering 2 of them later today, and will keep you guys updated; at $3.99 each, I'll be the guinea pig :P
                ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                A few things

Comment

Originally posted by RadRacer View Post
                  I don't see how you can hide them yet still use them....
                  :(
                  The car is low enough where you cant see them if they are tucked back a little bit away from the rear bumper,... they just would be much "less obvious" not completley hidden.
                  *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

I hate autolumination. Bunch of bastards if you ask me. I spent 60 bucks on a set of bulbs from them that you could tell cost 2 bucks to make. Absolutely horrible, then charged me a 20% restocking and repackaging fee to return them plus me paying for shipping both ways. The packaging they came in was crumpled up newspaper. I would NEVER buy from them again.

I'm with matt on this one. Buy some cheap fog lights and mount them underneath the car aimed toward the back. It would be pretty easy to hide them.
                    sigpic
                    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

^^Troy i found that place to be a bit pricey but the guy was always fast on shipping and helpful when i asked him questions
                      1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                      1994 Camaro - Sold
                      1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

They must have had something against me or a different guy handling me because my responses were very polite and respectful in the beginning. Theirs were far from prompt and had the attitude that they simply didn't care that I wasn't happy with the product.
                        sigpic
                        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
                          They must have had something against me or a different guy handling me because my responses were very polite and respectful in the beginning. Theirs were far from prompt and had the attitude that they simply didn't care that I wasn't happy with the product.
                          I'd agree with Tom; I emailed the guy at around midnite last night, and got up this morning to a reply, couple of questions on my car, and a recommendation for a bulb. Seemed nice to me. I'm going to see what I can pick up a set of fogs for tomorrow; might get them instead, don't know yet.
                          ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                          A few things

Comment

Went ahead and ordered 2 beacons; if I don't like them I'll complain and get a set of fogs instead.
                            ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                            A few things

Comment

I would just get some of these:
                              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/20105...spagenameZWDVW

Re-based halogen bulb into the incandescent 1156 socket. Not sure if your socket takes 1156 bulbs though, my Firebird does. They can get alot hotter than a standard incandescent bulb, but as long as you don' keep it on for more than a few minutes then I don't see you having any problems. A lot cheaper than those LED bulbs too. I would also run it with a relay since it would be drawing more current.

EDIT: Just found out what "The Beacon" was. Essentially the same thing I linked above. Let us know how it works out.
                              Last edited by blindeyed; 08-16-2008, 11:23 PM.
                              <b>1995 Pontiac Firebird</b> || 3.4L V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X