Adjusting the shock sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjusting the shock sensor

How do you adjust the shock sensor? I read the factory manual on how to do and it says to adjust a knob on the side of it. I tried this but it didn't adjust the sensitivity at all. Any advice?

Re: Adjusting the shock sensor

it should do it make suer you adjusted it right i can't even shut my door hardly anymore with it turned just a bit

Comment

Maybe you're turning it the wrong way? I turned mine all the way up and a car driving by would set it off; turned it to about 1/2 way and I think it's good.
      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
      A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

It's possible it's defective.

In my experience, ive never seen a shock sensor that was very sensitive.

I had 4 installed in my camaro, and I still wasnt impressed.
        *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Easiest method is to test it by slapping your hand on the window pillar, then adjust it a little more and repeat. Shock sensors are tough to get just right, personally I would rely more on the door switches, and turn it so that it takes quite a whollap to set off the shock sensor (though I always liked it when someone rolled by with their bass going and it set off the alarm, I think deep down they did too).

Comment

Do what landj said. Mines at the most sensitive and it goes off fairly easily, though I too wish it were a bit more sensitive.

LOL and I love driving through the parking garage at school and having my exhaust set off car alarms left and right :D
            2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

I do that in my motorcycle, fun setting off the alarms on all those high end cars in uptown.
              -Brad
              98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
              2000 V-Star Custom 1100
              If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
              :rock:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X