E-Brake light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Brake light

I can get the e-brake light to go off. I have searched and searched and got nothing. I've tried everything i've read on here. So here's my problem. I pulled the e-brake a couple times to slide around the corner about 2-3 years ago. When I first got it. Anyway I did that one to many times and now the brake light is stuck on. Brake works but has to be pulled all the way back.

So my questions.

How can I get the light to turn off?
    I took off the center console. Took off that little red switch. Bent, cleaned, everything you can do to it I did. Couldn't get it to work.
    I even hooked up a ground to the wire that attatches to the switch. That didn't work either. So I tried 12v to it. Still nothing. Still have the light.

My next problem.

The e-brake it self. I have to pull it almost all the way back for it to work well. Don't really know how to approach that problem because I saw nothing to adjust/tighten/loosen up near the brake.

Sorry for the long post but if somebody could please help me with this I would be forever grateful.

Re: E-Brake light

Help to second problem....

I believe our e-brakes are self-adjusting.
    IIRC, to tighten you just rip it up a few times.

Comment

I did that... I made it worse.

Comment

wellllll first off, your parking brake light isn't just for the parking brake, it doubles a a MIL for your brake system....
        Y87 Package
        MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
        Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
        BONE APPROVED!
        VANBIBBER APPROVED!
        KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
        Team Black...TEAM EMO
        sigpic
        Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

Originally posted by Firebirdkid96 View Post
          wellllll first off, your parking brake light isn't just for the parking brake, it doubles a a MIL for your brake system....
          alright.. So how can I fix it?

Comment

Get a shop to scan your brake control module and figure out what's wrong.
            Y87 Package

MOGOB APPROVED!
            BONE APPROVED!
            VANBIBBER APPROVED!
            KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
            Team Black...TEAM EMO
            sigpic

Comment

Have you checked your brake lights to make sure all of them are working?
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                Have you checked your brake lights to make sure all of them are working?
                They all work. I checked em out just last night.

Comment

Get a shop to scan your brake control module and figure out what's wrong.
                  More info please? Have the same problem with my brake light staying on, I just removed the bulb as a temporary solution. Never heard of a brake control module, where is it located at and what kind of scanner is used to read the codes from it?
                  <b>1995 Pontiac Firebird</b> || 3.4L V6

Comment

The Brake Control Module is under the hood near the routing block.

It can't be scanned with your typical $100 advance auto scanner, you have to have Vehicle Diagnostic Scanner, such as HPtuners, a Snap-On MT2500 with the proper program pack, a Snap on MODIS Scan Tool, or a Snap On SOLUS scan tool.

Most larger shops and dealerships employ technicians who own these tools.

Many people don't realize that there are more than just "Pxxxx" OBD-II Codes.

With these advanced scantools, you can scan the Powertrain Control Module for not only engine and emissions codes, but ABS Codes, Body Control Module Codes, Transaxle Codes...and even look at the vital statistics and freeze frames such as IAT, MAF Input, TP, Engine and Vehicle speed at time of code, Open/Closed Loops, EGR Pintle Positions, etc. the list goes on.

and don't assume you can just go buy one, right now the going price on a MODIS scan tool is $7,295.00

:)

Hope this helps.
                    Y87 Package

MOGOB APPROVED!
                    BONE APPROVED!
                    VANBIBBER APPROVED!
                    KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
                    Team Black...TEAM EMO
                    sigpic

Comment

The Brake Control Module is under the hood near the routing block.

It can't be scanned with your typical $100 advance auto scanner, you have to have Vehicle Diagnostic Scanner, such as HPtuners, a Snap-On MT2500 with the proper program pack, a Snap on MODIS Scan Tool, or a Snap On SOLUS scan tool.

Most larger shops and dealerships employ technicians who own these tools.

Many people don't realize that there are more than just "Pxxxx" OBD-II Codes.

With these advanced scantools, you can scan the Powertrain Control Module for not only engine and emissions codes, but ABS Codes, Body Control Module Codes, Transaxle Codes...and even look at the vital statistics and freeze frames such as IAT, MAF Input, TP, Engine and Vehicle speed at time of code, Open/Closed Loops, EGR Pintle Positions, etc. the list goes on.

and don't assume you can just go buy one, right now the going price on a MODIS scan tool is $7,295.00

Hope this helps.
                      I wasn't planning on buying one of the scanners, just looking for a more accurate description of what type it would take to scan it so I could have a better idea as to where I should take the car.. which by your information given, sounds like the dealership for me.

Do you by any chance have a picture of this Brake Control Module? I've searched high and low all around the distribution/abs area and haven't seen anything to your description.
                      <b>1995 Pontiac Firebird</b> || 3.4L V6

Comment

right now the going price on a MODIS scan tool is $7,295.00

Hope this helps.
                        What the hell, is that with support for like every vehicle ever made? Last time I saw them they were around 3k but that may have not included a lot of software. My snap-on dealer always tries to rob everyone too.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

That's for every interface, and are you sure you're not referring to the SOLUS?

my price may also be outdated....that's for full support.

but yeah,
                          Y87 Package

MOGOB APPROVED!
                          BONE APPROVED!
                          VANBIBBER APPROVED!
                          KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
                          Team Black...TEAM EMO
                          sigpic

Comment

That's for every interface, and are you sure you're not referring to the SOLUS?

my price may also be outdated....that's for full support.

but yeah,
                            oh jeese. it could be SOLUS, i dont know the difference. I just don't remember him advertising any scanner that was 7k+ bah, hptuners :tup: I don't work on other peoples crap cars anyways.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
                              oh jeese. it could be SOLUS, i dont know the difference. I just don't remember him advertising any scanner that was 7k+ bah, hptuners :tup: I don't work on other peoples crap cars anyways.
                              The SOLUS is the Latest and Greatest in the line. The Modis was the price 2 yrs ago, one yr ago it was the solus that was that price, now it's been cut in half to 3895...

http://buy1.snapon.com/products/diag...IN&dir=catalog
                              Y87 Package

MOGOB APPROVED!
                              BONE APPROVED!
                              VANBIBBER APPROVED!
                              KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
                              Team Black...TEAM EMO
                              sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X