possible ground issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible ground issue

Ever since I put the new motor in, I've had a few problems. I've worked most of them out, except for what I think is a bad ground somewhere. When I crank it up, my "Low Trac" and "Brake" light flash, and my "ABS Inop" light is constantly on. However, if I come to a complete stop and hold the brake for a few seconds, they all turn off, but only while the brake is held. After abit of driving around, the "Low Trac" and "Brake" lights stop flashing and stay off, but my "ABS Inop" light stays on. When we did the swap, when didn't touch any of the sensors going to the wheels (or so we though). What do you guys think it is?
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Re: possible ground issue

Try searching. This has happened a few times

There is a ground on your passneger side wheel well in the engine compartment right behind your battery. Most likely that ground. Take it off, clean it and re-connect tightly.

Happened to my car, has happened to alot of people in the past. Same symptoms
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Re: possible ground issue

That was the problem, thanks man.

For future reference, the upper bolt is a 10mm, bottom is a 13mm. Pull them both off, clean up the surface (I sanded down to bare metal) and then put the grounds back on.
      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
      A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X