Fuse location in fuse box, possible other problems - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuse location in fuse box, possible other problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuse location in fuse box, possible other problems

So i went to the junkyard today and got my hinge so i could open my drivers side door and i checked all the fuses and they all looked good. There were a couple of open slots but i have manual locks and windows so that accounted for them. I was wondering if anyone could tell me which fuses are the headlight fuses. If it is not the fuses what else is down the line until i get to lightbulbs?

Re: Fuse location in fuse box, possible other problems

Originally posted by bigma_18 View Post
    So i went to the junkyard today and got my hinge so i could open my drivers side door and i checked all the fuses and they all looked good. There were a couple of open slots but i have manual locks and windows so that accounted for them. I was wondering if anyone could tell me which fuses are the headlight fuses. If it is not the fuses what else is down the line until i get to lightbulbs?
    If you can wait until tomorrow I can take a picture of the fuse panel (If there isnt one floating around here already) and also the fuse box under the hood.

Comment

Yeah that would be perfect thanks!

Comment

There isn't a specified fuse or relay for the headlights in either box. It could be a number of things. Your headlight switch may not be working.

Do your brights work? All other lights other than the headlights work, correct? (tail lights, marker lights, front parking lights, fog lights, interior)
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

The headlights do not work at all and when the guy wrecked it and replaced the front bumper he didnt put in any other lights so all i have is headlights. The tail lights all work though.

Comment

Do you have a tester? You may want to check the headlight connectors and see if they are getting any juice, it may be that both of your headlights are just burnt out.

Otherwise start with testing the headlight switch itself.
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Here are pics of the fuse/relay layout regardless. It's my understanding though that the headlights are not fused.

You may notice on the first picture, there are two fuses which appear to be for headlights. However I believe that the DR at the end donates these to daytime running lights. There were no fuses or wiring in my car to these spots.
              sigpic
              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Hmm I guess i need to keep looking then, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
                  Here are pics of the fuse/relay layout regardless. It's my understanding though that the headlights are not fused.

You may notice on the first picture, there are two fuses which appear to be for headlights. However I believe that the DR at the end donates these to daytime running lights. There were no fuses or wiring in my car to these spots.
                  Thanks for doing that for me man, Its storming out here right now so I couldn't get to the car to get the shots.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X