Headlamp gutting....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlamp gutting....

yeah... so im putting Halo Rings inside the headlamp of the firebird... the thing is it has sealants all over it... anyone knows how to pry it open? or do i have to just melt the seals?

Horsepower is how fast you hit the Minivan... Torque is how far you take the Minivan with you... :wavey:

Originally posted by Firehawk N Wv
    Mine were rusted also and the I had to cut my nuts off .

Re: Headlamp gutting....

er... Not sure about the firebirds, but for the camaro, if you want to pry it apart to paint the inside (whistler mod), you just put it in the oven till the lense can be pryed off.
    2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

try to put it it the oven at 250 for like 10 min. they are glass housings so they are a little different
      1997 Camaro LS1 RS
      1994 Camaro - Sold
      1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Rs View Post
        try to put it it the oven at 250 for like 10 min. they are glass housings so they are a little different
        ok so that would melt the sealants then?

Horsepower is how fast you hit the Minivan... Torque is how far you take the Minivan with you... :wavey:

Originally posted by Firehawk N Wv
        Mine were rusted also and the I had to cut my nuts off .

Comment

I cannot think of a better way to screw your lights up. Wake up and buy new lamps that have the halo. After you remove them and bake them you will have to anyway.
          Attached Files
          Phil

Comment

Originally posted by PalmHarborBlkv6 View Post
            I cannot think of a better way to screw your lights up. Wake up and buy new lamps that have the halo. After you remove them and bake them you will have to anyway.
            It's a firebird.

Im pretty sure they don't make halo's for flip-up firebird headlights.

Why did you attach a picture of a camaro? they dont have the same headlights.
            *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Byrd14 View Post
              ok so that would melt the sealants then?
              i dont think it wouldmelt the sealant but i think it would soften it up so you can slice it
              1997 Camaro LS1 RS
              1994 Camaro - Sold
              1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

use a heat gun. that way you can direct where you want your heat to go, I did this to my strat when I blacked out the bezel. Think im going to do th e same thing, everyone keeps calling it a whistler but I think its just paiting the chrome bezel. I dunno. use a heat gun, thats what I did.. some people's ovens get too hot, the plastic starts to melt, things get out of hand, and besides, the headlight gets hot, then you cant hold it, the plastic softens up and you may drop it... a heat gun, direct ur heat at the splice point and pull it apart. I used a flat head screw driver to weaken up the sealent then pulled it completely apart...

archer
                MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
                http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Comment

palmharbor- Why would this be screwing up our headlamps? People have been doing this for years on the camaro for a mod called the "whistler" mod, where you paint the inside of the headlight black.

Archer- The reason people call it the whistler mod is because a long time ago, a member on a camaro board by the name of whistler was the first one to do it to a camaro.
                  2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X