Blinker Socket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blinker Socket?

Do they make replacement blinker sockets? (the socket that you plug your front marker bulb into)

My front blinkers are not working, but the rear blinkers are. I pulled the front bulbs and they were good, but upon inspecting the socket that the bulbs go into, I realize they are all corroded, melted and brittle from overheating.

I would rather purchase new sockets, if anyone has some GM part numbers. If not, I will have to hit a local junkyard and hack off a couple.

Rick

Re: Blinker Socket?

My front one stopped working....my right blinker doesnt blink it just stays lit in the back.....i tried replacing it...but it was impossbile to get to...
    ....WHITE CAMARO CLUB....? =(

Comment

Nothing is impossible, but I agree they are not as easy to get to as they could be.

To get at the front blinker bulbs or sockets, you can do it from the top or bottom.

On option is to look under the nose, below the side marker. There is a plastic cover whick bolts around the edge of your bumper cover. You can get at this with a small socket and a ratchet (or wrench). Remove a few of the bolts and your hand can fit up in there to access the bulb or socket.

The other option, as long as you don't have large arms, like me, is to pull the rubber cover off your headlight motor and turn the knob until the headlight is in the fully deployed position. You can then reach down under the headlight assembly to reach the bulb or socket.

Today I suppose I will need to hit up a junk yard and see if I can find some replacement sockets.

Rick

Comment

i went through about 6 sets of bulbs in a month then a set of blinker housings and my sockets were melted fo i got 4 of them at a junkyard for like a buck then my blinkers started blowing again.. so i got 3157 in LED problem solved :P
        2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
        1991 3000GT VR4
        2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

I'd like to replace mine too. I think I might go to a Chevy Dealership and find out if they're replaceable or not.

I burned through a brand new turn signal bulb in less than a week.

1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS
          New Trans Setup:Rebuilt 4L60E, Yank ST2800 Stall, B&M Trans Cooler,
          TCI Deep Pan, Royal Purple, Trans-go Shift Kit. Should be done in January.

Comment

at the dealership they are like 30-40$ and it comes with like 6" worth of wire you have to cut your old one and solder the new one on
            2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
            1991 3000GT VR4
            2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

I went to the junk yard today and for $5.00 I got two sockets (in great shape), bulbs and all. They had two camaros there, no firebirds. The first camaro had burnt sockets, the second one had mint sockets. Very odd that this is so common.

At Autozone I saw the LED blinker bulbs for $17.00 each. I may pick some up.

I also replaced the side marker running lights (the small bulbs in the side of the blinker lens) but neither light will illuminate. I realize they are supposed to light when the car's headlights are on. Is there a fuse just for these two small bulbs or do I have a bad wire?

Rick

Comment

For Firebirds, I've replaced the entire front blinker/ DRL assembly on both sides - It was not that expensive from www.gmpartsdirect.com
                I've also replaced the fog lights - the fog light replacements come with new bulbs which made the fog light replacement not a bad deal either.

I might replace the blinker/DRLs again this year. Some pics from the replacement:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

how do you get to the big bulbs????i got to the smaller one..the smaller one was out...but still..how do you get to the bigger bulb......The weel on my headlight broke off so i cant take out my headlight....its like impossible to get behind there.

Comment

You can get at the blinker housing, bulbs, etc. from under the front bumper cover by removing a few bolts that hold the black plastic cover under there. Once you remove it, you can get all everything from there.

Rick

Comment

I have some sockets, depending on what year your car is. If you need some let me know.
                      1999 Camaro Z/28
                      1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

every thing is 10mm near and under the headlight

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X