Problem with factory alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with factory alarm

I have a '98 Camaro, and the factory alarm has been acting up recently. After arming the alarm, you hear 2 short horn chirps, that's normal. However, about 5-10 seconds after I arm my alarm, the alarm goes into the "warning mode" which is 2 horn blasts and parking light flash. This happens continuously after i've armed my alarm, about 5-10 seconds after each other, however, it doesn't happen if i disconnect the shock sensor. I haven't touched my shock sensor, and it is still sealed by the factory sticker so i doubt the shock sensor is too sensitive. Is it possible i have a short somewhere?

Re: Problem with factory alarm

have you had any rain lately? If the shock sensor gets water in it, the alarm can act up.. I had the same problem, I opened up my shock sensor and there was a puddle of water inside. Let it dry out for a day, covered it in plastic, hooked it up, and it works fine.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Hmm, i'll check it out. Thanks for the response

*edit* just checked it, its dry... alarm still acting up
      Last edited by onspeed; 05-06-2008, 08:38 PM.

Comment

I started having this SAME PROBLEM. I tried my scan tool, but like normal it was a waste of $150.00... I armed it earlier today, only 1 chirp. I disarmed it and went for a drive (dry weather) and came home. Did not arm it. I replaced my rear hatch motor (which works by the way, thanks Reckl3ss).
        Before I started to get ready for bed, I armed it and what do ya know. 2 chirps and a few seconds later the damn alarm starts to go off. I tried to disarm, and rearm, but again it went off. I tried to arm it, 2 chirps, then rearm it, 1 chirp, and a few seconds later, it starts going off again... so now my Camaro is unarmed and ready to be broken into... what the hell is going on?

Dont say do a search, because this is how I found this post... I dont want to hear it.. Stop yelling at me.. ahhhhhh. lmao..

so yeah anyways.. anyone have a clue besides wet transmitter??

Archer
        MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
        http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X