A/F gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/F gauge

Has anyone hooked up an A/F gauge on a '95 3.4l?
    I know there not much good (work at WOT)
    I have done this to other cars but not a 3.4l.
    I hook the gauge to the o2 sensor, but my 3.4l has (2) o2 sensor???
    Can I hook up to just 1 of the o2's, or is there a better way?
    Like to get the HP tuner, but was told it will not work for my car??

Any help would nice. Thanks!

Re: A/F gauge

Those $50 Autometer gauges are just light shows. They aren't even close to accurate. However, if you're dead set on getting one, you can tie it to 1 o2 sensor and it will work just fine. If you're serious about modding, I'd look into a wideband o2 setup. They can be had with gauge in the $300 range.

HP Tuners will never support OBD I. They have no interest in flash based prom. I know TunerCat does some LT1 stuff. They might be the people to talk to.
    <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Your right. I think there better than nothing when you
      change air or fuel mix. I'll check into a wide band O2. I'd like to go to
      higher output fuel injectors for more fuel and better duty cycle. I've already
      installed a K&N air kit. I'll need something to monitor A/F. After some more
      miles on the car I plan on Head/Intake changes. Keeping it V6! I'll be picking
      everyones brain on what to look for at the bone yards (heads/intake) that
      will fit the 1995 3.4l block, but better air and fuel. Thanks for the reply!

Comment

not tryin to jack your thread but is it normal in a fife speed car for the a/f guage to go so lean that all the lights go off when you let off of the gas after wot?

Comment

The one I had did that on my 90 eagle talon TSI. It worked (Best)
          at (WOT). They jump all over at any other speeds.
          Great light show:)

Comment

I assembled my own and put them in a cassette case so they sit in the cassette holder below the radio with the led's running up and down. I've got two, one for the left and one for the right. It's neat to see how the readings are just a little different. Definitly would be a hell of a lot more useful if they were connected to a wide band o2 sensor, but they are fun to watch anyways.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X