theft mode problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theft mode problem

i guess i didnt put my key in all the way and when i tried to turn on the car the security light kept blinking and the mechanic told me it went into theft mode so now i cant turn on my car ......... is there anything i can do aside from taking it to the dealer and paying a lot of money...... i have a 98 camaro RS, please help

Re: theft mode problem

Wait 5 minutes and try again. If the chip in your key is OK it should work. The wrong key only disables it for several minutes.
    sigpic

Comment

its been a day and it doesnt work

Comment

Try your spare ignition key. Also pull it out of park and try starting it in neutral. Can you hear the fuel pump come on when you turn the key to run? If it's a 5 speed, you might want to try jumping out the safety switch on the clutch petal.
        sigpic

Comment

I had that happen to my car once, 97 camaro, I shut the car off so I could pop the hatch since my ebrake wire was messed up, when I went to start the car again the security light started blinking and the motor would turn over but it wouldnt start, just keep on sputtering around 300rpms, I had no clue and was pissed off about it since I was in a spot where I needed to move. I thought it was a prob with fuel or something since my car was on a slanted road so pushed the car across the road to a flat spot, same thing.

I didnt think about the security feature shutting the car down, but gave it a few mins and then finally the car started up. It happened to me since I didnt put the key in all the way or something glitched.

I would suggest disconnecting the battery since I would think that would reset it. But might want to wait and hear from someone else since I am not sure about it, but logic to me is that would work since cutting the power to it would force a reset

Comment

The Theft deterrent system shuts the fuel pump and the starter down in the event the wrong resistance key is inserted in the ignition. It resets itself in 3 minutes after the key is removed.
            sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X