X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blinkers aren't working right.

Originally posted by FirebirdConvertible View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    I just want to make sure that I am reading the above correctly. My turn signals flash front and rear on my 99 v6 firebird, but the side markers do not flash. I find it problematic as the design to the front of the car prevents cars from the side to see that I am turning. On the highway for instance. Does everyones side markers not flash when turning? Or is my relay bad too? (like it is only connecting the front and rear and not the sides due to a bad connection in the relay?)

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!
    Noones yellow side markers blink from the factory. I think this is wrong and would never pass in Europe. I had mine rewired right away so they blink as well.

Comment

Thanks IGoRa!
      I was thinking of setting up some relays that would do it.
      Did you just make it so that the side markers go completely out when they flash. Or did you get a dual filament bulb or wire in a second bulb so that the side markers do not completely disappear?
      I know I can handle installing the relays and such, I just dont know if I want to make my markers flashing completely off at night.

Which one did you do?
      Thanks!

Comment

put some little leds on your mirrors! if someone made a kit Id probably buy one

Comment

Looking for help finding the turn signal flasher on an '85 Firebird. :) My right side turn signals doesn't work:(, left side is fine. Hazards work fine, i.e all lamps flash when the hazard button is pushed, so I'm pretty sure it's the turn signal flasher.

I've found the hazard flasher and horn relay, on the right side of the driver cockpit under the dash, just above the test port, which is opposite of the picture for the '95 Camaro, but I haven't found the turn signal flasher.

Anyone have a picture or directions.

Thanks in advance
          Last edited by PinInCalgary; 08-05-2008, 08:51 AM. Reason: technical error

Comment

Originally posted by PinInCalgary View Post
            Looking for help finding the turn signal flasher on an '85 Firebird. :) My right side turn signals doesn't work:(, left side is fine. Hazards work fine, i.e all lamps flash when the hazard button is pushed, so I'm pretty sure it's the turn signal flasher.

I've found the hazard flasher and horn relay, on the right side of the driver cockpit under the dash, just above the test port, which is opposite of the picture for the '95 Camaro, but I haven't found the turn signal flasher.

Anyone have a picture or directions.

Thanks in advance
            I'd try posting your question in the 3rd Generation section of the forum, people more familiar with the 3rd Gens would probably know.
            *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

thats weird, if all the others are blinking then its not the flasher?
              3M MAFIA
              ________
              | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
              Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
              sigpic

Comment

could be the DRL mod. idk if you still have the problem but do you have daytime running lights

Comment

i had a problem like that but it was the plug that the bulb goes in it was all rusty changed and fixed

Comment

OK Now I have a problem...

I noticed that one of my left side bulbs were out (per the flasher light staying lit on the dash). I immediately clicked it to the right to verify that my flasher wasnt out, and the right side blinked... But what is weird is after a few clicks (because Im so damn use to using them) the left side started working again... How the hell is that?
                    sigpic
                    98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

Originally posted by nimrod.sixty9 View Post
                      OK Now I have a problem...

I noticed that one of my left side bulbs were out (per the flasher light staying lit on the dash). I immediately clicked it to the right to verify that my flasher wasnt out, and the right side blinked... But what is weird is after a few clicks (because Im so damn use to using them) the left side started working again... How the hell is that?
                      Bulbs sometimes act funny before completely blowing. A burnt or corroded socket or bad flasher relay can also cause this to happen. First try replacing the bulb, and check the condition of the socket. Make sure water isn't getting into the housing and building up moisture. A new flasher relay shouldn't be expensive either, if it comes down to it.
                      '99 Camaro
                      '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                      '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by pace2006 View Post
                        Bulbs sometimes act funny before completely blowing. A burnt or corroded socket or bad flasher relay can also cause this to happen. First try replacing the bulb, and check the condition of the socket. Make sure water isn't getting into the housing and building up moisture. A new flasher relay shouldn't be expensive either, if it comes down to it.
                        O I should say they are new...

Doesnt the same flasher control both left and right side? If so, how did my right side work the entire time the left didnt. So I dont think thats it..

Resealed the lenses as well (front).

But Im 99% sure it would be burnt socket, I vaugely remember slight deformation on the housing. I need to get in there and check it out.

Thanks Pace! :tup:
                        sigpic
                        98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

I would like to thank everyone with the great advice on this thread. My turn signals would randomly stop flashing while I was driving. At any point they would stop working, and within 5 minutes they could be fine again. It turned out that after buying a new turn signal relay from Advanced, they function 100% again. I will update if anything changes.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRS96 View Post
                            make sure all ur bulbs work...also put on ur hazards and check to c if it blinks with them on
                            Thanks so much for posting this. my blinkers and break lights stopped working completely. ended up being the HAZARD FLASHER Thank you so much.:banana:

Comment

Had this happen on 3 of my american cars. Twice it was a bad earth near the headlights and once it was a flasher relay where a replacement was sourced from a mini oddly enough.

Glad you're sorted now.

Peter

Comment

This is a great photo, thanks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X