Changing a parking light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing a parking light

the left front fog/parking light on my 96 camaro is out and i bought a bulb for it but i have no idea how to go about changing it, i was told to go in from underneath and when i tried it seemed nearly impossible, any ideas what i should do?

Re: Changing a parking light

If I remember correctly, they have torx screws on the front. Correct? Unscrew them and I think the entire housing comes out. Probably typical twist and pull out bulbs.....

It's been awhile....
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

There are 6 (i think) 10mm bolts on the splash guard underneath. Take those off, and put your arm up in there. The bulb is in from the top, rotate the bulb connector counterclockwise and it should pull right up.
      In my personal experience, it can be quite a pain to turn it as they can be very tight.

96firebird311, i think you're getting mixed up with the rear side markers, the front corners only come out from inside, and it's with 7mm bolts. the side markers have torx screws tho.
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

same here bout to change my right fog light, just went out

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
          96firebird311, i think you're getting mixed up with the rear side markers, the front corners only come out from inside, and it's with 7mm bolts. the side markers have torx screws tho.
          Very possible. It's been awhile since I've had my head under the hood of an F-body...:slap:
          Red 96' A4 Firebird
          Audio Audio and Autotek
          Check it out here!

Comment

haha i gotcha i mean ive done all that it just seems a little too compact who knows maybe im looking at it wrong ill give another try thanks guys

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              5 days ago
            • ssms5411
              Little work today
              by ssms5411
              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
              3 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X