High beam switch not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High beam switch not working?

my high beam switch hasnt worked right since i bought my car, i just kinda learned to live with it but its really getting old. basically i go to pull back on the lever to make the high beams come on and the usally wont come on, it takes a little force in the pull to get them to come on. now getting them to come on isnt as bad as getting them off. i really have to slam the lever back hard to get them to turn off, im afraid im going to snap that little lever off, so i havent even been using the high beams. is this something easy to fix like a sensor or somthing? id really like to be able to use my high beams

Re: High beam switch not working?

Do me a favor and pull down on your stearing wheel with a good amount of force and filck the lever. if it works then you have the same problem i have.
    1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro
    - K&N Filter, Pacesetter Headders, MagnaFlow 2.5" Hi-Flo Cat, FlowMaster 80 Series, PowerDyne Supercharger@9Psi More 2 Come

Comment

I used to have that problem. All I did was remove the plastic panel from underneath the steering column. There's also a triangular support bolted in there. I can't remember if I removed it too or not, but you might have to. After you get that out of the way, look in there with a light and push the lever back and forth. You should be able to see a shaft moving along the length of the steering column. That shaft locks in to a white switch down near the end of the steering column. You might be able to adjust the shaft engagement at the switch. All I did was take 2 pairs of pliars and bend the shaft slightly to shorten the length. Worked really well.
      ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

I had the same problem and I used the method above ^^^ to fix it today. It was very easy and now the switch works perfectly.

Comment

Bump for an old question - I haven't looked yet, but how common is it for that shaft to come loose? I had adjusted the column down, and now the turn signal lever moves freely but I don't get my high beams.

And I can't find a good diagram - anyone got a pic of which shaft I should look for?

Comment

bump..same problem..pics? don't wanna make it worse.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X