Time for a new HU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for a new HU

Well, I decided finally to go ahead and replace my receiver for my home theater system that i blew up before i got the car and have since been putting it off. Well, the day I fork over the wad of cash for a new receiver, my head unit stops playing CDs. No warning, no previous problems. It just stopped. As much as I hate the radio, it's what i'm stuck with, receiving thru my short antenna..so i don't get many station in clear anyway.

Basically I want some recommendations for a good sounding head unit. Anything is better than the sony i have now, but i'm looking for the best bang for the buck. Looking for somethign around $200. suggestions appriciated!
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Re: Time for a new HU

Ive got a pretty decent pioneer for sale, its plays wma, mp3 etc. etc.

satelite radio ready... id do like 70 +shipping
    Ive just got it laying around and dont use it, so let me know if you want it.. pretty good deal

its in pretty much new condition, with a new wire harness, still have the box and remote for it

*Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

i have a kenwood mp-3035

i can take pics if you want them..i just bought it about 2weeks ago. Its a great reciever but now i need the money lol...

if your interested let me know...

i think 140-150$ shipped will do for me. i paid 200$

Comment

Anything Pioneer, Alpine, or Eclipse is good stuff. I personally like Pioneer because I know how to use the functions and love the display of mine.
        <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

Thanks for the offers guys, but i'm looking for something with a decent 7 band or better equalizer.
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

ALPINE hands down! CDA-9833, CDA-9835, CDA-9830, CDA-9856 just pulling some model no.s off my head. They are all good. Go to Crutchfield.com to compare.

:)
            Last edited by kala; 08-01-2007, 12:28 AM.
            09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
            sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

I considered Alpine, but even their $600 model has a 2-band equalizer. With Pioneer, their $400 model has a 16-band equalizer. Me being someone who actually uses that, Alpine is out.
              sigpic
              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Have you looked into Panasonic? After the first one I bought, that's all I will get anymore. I especially like the "ATT" function that you can change in place of "Mute". Instead of muting, it just knocks the volume down by about 50%. Comes in handy in places like drive-thrus, pulling up next to cops when you'd normally get nailed for noise pollution, etc...
                <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2182744\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2182744</a> <br /><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">I\'ll procrastinate later...</font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

I don't know of any brands that have the 7-band EQ. Mine has 3 band - Low, Mid, and High. This is perfect for my 3 types of speakers - subs, midrange, and tweets. Did you check Eclipse?
                  <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

Actually, the Sony Xplod HU i have now has a 7band equalizer, but i've just never liked the unit. After some searching around, I found one that looks quite nice and has a 16-band equalizer! Here's a pic, just bought it.

seems like whenever I buy something, I end up spending more than I originally wanted to..
                    Last edited by TheGr8Schlotzky; 08-03-2007, 01:49 PM.
                    sigpic
                    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Ain't that the truth. Did you get the Premier line?

Here's a (what might be) cheaper Pioneer head unit with 7-band.

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_9100...H-P6900UB.html
                      Last edited by Earnhardt132000; 08-03-2007, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X