$15 home made camera mount!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $15 home made camera mount!

About 2 hours ago I was searching around on the forum and got the idea of a camera mount for my dash. I found one how to but it was for the T-Top cars, well... I went out exploring. And now I already have some videos with it, pretty good for $15 bucks. I went to Wal Mart and picked up a small 9.5 inch tripod. I took a flat head and removed the legs, it was flat once they were gone. I then took some double stick tape and mounted her up on the dash, here is a pic and video.

http://www.xtreme-tuners.net/camaro/cam.MOV

Re: $15 home made camera mount!

Thats neat.. how much did it cost ya????

Comment

nevermind lol......

Comment

Originally posted by 3.8Fury
        Thats neat.. how much did it cost ya????
        lol did you read the post? and the title of the topic? haha $15.20 to be exact, the double stick tape was free I had it lying around. :rock:

Comment

u have a link to where it is at walmart in the internet,,,,I cant find it????

Comment

so you just cruise around with that on your dash at all times?
            2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
            1991 3000GT VR4
            2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

I don't think I would have done it with the sticky on the dash. You should have found a way to hook it between the headrests or hook it to the defrost vents. I just don't think I'd like that on my dash or the tape on my dash.

On the other hand... you need to find a way to mount it on the side of your car, on the front bumper, and then on the dash. Then you could make a compilation. We usually do stuff like that when we go on bike rides.

Check this one out...

This guy made this one over the 4th of july... he's on a forum/club here in KY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10-rXpcfMsA
              Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Yeah, well the tape can easily come off if I give it a tug, but it wont fall off riding around. I can take the camera off of the mount easily, but for now I will keep it as is. I will probably end up making one that has suction cups like radar detectors so I can hang it from the window, Im sure it wouldnt be hard to do with things from local hardware store. It really dosent bother me sitting there all the time, but the way I am I can see it gettin on my nerves after awhile but I will probably change it by then.

Comment

Originally posted by 3.8Fury
                  u have a link to where it is at walmart in the internet,,,,I cant find it????
                  I looked for one before I posted, there are some on there that I am sure would work but not the one I got. Go to wal mart where the cameras are and there is a grey $14 one that will work.

Comment

Originally posted by 38camaro302
                    I looked for one before I posted, there are some on there that I am sure would work but not the one I got. Go to wal mart where the cameras are and there is a grey $14 one that will work.

Oh alright thanks man...

Comment

thats cool.... and staind for the win....

Comment

haah yea, I figured WTH and kept the radio going.

Comment

Well the reason I don't like the tape... well it does come off but the guy that had my car before, had lights on the dash (volunteer firefighter) and when I took the tape off it left a nasty residue and after alot of cleaning i noticed a fading spot on the dash.
                          Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

ooo, gotcha, yeah ill def be moving it to avoid that, im in the VFD also but my light goes on my sun visor, lol.

Comment

cool video

awful song.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X