Wireless car remote question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless car remote question

So I have 2 car remotes for my V6. I want to know... since I am selling my sixer.. can I keep one of the remotes and have it reprogrammed for my dads LS1? I'm buying it off of him, but he only has one remote... If this will work I will do this, that way the LS1 has two remotes... If this is possible..will th GM garage do it and how much should I expect?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Wireless car remote question

I believe that you can, and it isn't hard to do. Look in your owner's manual for exactly how, I don't have access to min eright now. If I remember right, you pull the radio fuse and turn the car to RUN, then hold down both lock and unlock on the new remote for a certain amount of time. If you can't find it I'll look later today when I get home.

Hope this helps,
    Mike

Comment

Thanks...unfortunately both cars came w/o the owners manual. So...if you or someone else could verify this and list the exact directions, that would be great. Thanks again.

Comment

Sorry this took so long, here's instructions if you haven't figured it out yet. You need all the remotes you wish to use with you.
        1)Turn the ignition to RUN and then OFF
        2) Remove the RADIO fuse, it is in the fusebox inside the car near the driver's door.
        3)Turn the ignition key from OFF to RUN 3 times within 5 seconds. The vehicle will lock the doors, unlock the driver's door and release the hatch. Leave the ignition in RUN
        4)Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter for 15 secods. The car will do the same thing as in step 3.
        5) Repeat step 4 for all the remotes you wish to use.
        6) Replace the radio fuse

That should make both of them work.
        Hope this helps,
        Mike

Comment

yeah it will work and yes those are the instructions..but step 1 isn't necessary.
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I know I just wanted to give the directions as they were in the owner's manual, even though they were slightly paraphrased. Step 1 is simply to make sure the alarm on the car is not armed, and it most cases it will be disarmed already.

Mike

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X