how many volts does ur car run at

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many volts does ur car run at

i noticed after having my stereo installed that it went from 13 to into the sec orange mark is this normal

Re: how many volts does ur car run at

sounds like you need a capacitor, how many watts is your system? My voltage stays around 14 volts and I have three 1.5 Farad capacitors, usually the rule of thumb is for every 1000 watts you need 1 Farad of capacitance

Comment

its a 1300 watt sub with a 300 wat amp

Comment

Originally posted by StiLlsMoKiN875
        sounds like you need a capacitor, how many watts is your system? My voltage stays around 14 volts and I have three 1.5 Farad capacitors, usually the rule of thumb is for every 1000 watts you need 1 Farad of capacitance
        dam, so you must have like, 4500watt system......pics?

Comment

Originally posted by cantrip
          dam, so you must have like, 4500watt system......pics?
          well its not exactly 4500 watts, more like 3600 watts, and its not running nearly that high, but better safe than sorry

Comment

dam, those are some big subs. how much for them each? do they sound good? watts rms? im in the market for subs if you didnt notice, lol.

Comment

nicccce i got a 1000 watt amp and a 10' kicker solobaric sub, i put it low in the hatch, ive had soo many ppl ask, "damn, wth is in that trunk??!?!" those square subs kick SOO hard, but i love your setup, realllly looks nice

Comment

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=80676

...if you dont mind... seeing as your system is super clean, and i really like it.

you should post a thread on how you did it all, if you did it yourself. if not, as much info as possible would be really great. i am working on mine right now, and i basically want it to look like that (clean, amp location, same type of sub box.) just need some ideas.

Comment

13.8-14 volts
                  with a 3 farad capacitor.
                  *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

~14 volts, with no cap and a 1200WRMS amp. You may have a short somewhere. I'd recheck all your connections.
                    <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

Caps help keep your volts up at your amps and balance drifts, but remember its equally important to have a alternator with good output.
                      1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

Originally posted by Earnhardt132000
                        You may have a short somewhere. .

yea... system or no system you need 14.4v off the alternator and 12.6 on the battery...
                        the battery may have a bad cell (Each cell = 2.1v) that may make it go into "sec orange mark"

I have a 5 Farad capacitor... but they don't make power just store it ...
                        so if you have 13v on the alternator than you got 13v on the cap

my system 8200watts... 200amp alternator 3 Kinetik batts 5 Farad cap
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2516564 :burn:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X