sub w/ 200 watt stereo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sub w/ 200 watt stereo

im plannin on gettin one of the stealth sub enclosures for the 4th gen F body from subthump.com, and im wonderin if it's gonna realy make a diff w/o an amp. i dont want killer gangsta rap bass, jus enough to bring out the low ends on the rock albums. do i need to amp it or will the stereo have enough to make it thump. i think the wiring will be to disconnect both trunk speakers and run the sub wire to one of those locations. and the cd player's a pioneer. thanx

Re: sub w/ 200 watt stereo

You will need an amp. The 22 watts/channel that come out of the head unit won't move any sub enough to make any real sound.
    <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

Re: sub w/ 200 watt stereo

Even if you were able to get enough power to the sub to make it loud enough to hear with the two rear channels, you would need a passive subwoofer crossover so that the sub doesn't sound like crap putting out highs. This would drastically reduce the output that already hardly exists..

get an amp, just not a big powerful one. What sub are you going to be using?
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X