Will 6x9's fit in the back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will 6x9's fit in the back?

i bought 6x9 to go in the back on the monsoon system because i was stupid and didnt check what was under there first. is it possible to just cut away the plastic and put them in. i know under it was kinda tight. just wanted to know if its easy or if anyones done it.

im talking about in the hatch area, not the rear seat ones. also, i found out it is possible and some people have done it. does anyone have an idea on how to do it, or more importantly how it fit. thanks
    Last edited by cantrip; 05-28-2007, 08:59 AM.

Re: Will 6x9's fit in the back?

i did it in my last camaro and i know u can't use the stock grilles when u cut the hole and the grilles that i used to cover the speakers were a little big and they hit the hatch when it was closed...if i were you i wouldnt use 6x9's i would pick up some 5x7's they should fit a lot better and be able to use the stock grille

Comment

No, the drivers' side is too shallow...but...I did some cutting
      and put them in the sail plane, that is to the left and right of the seats and they work GREAT. I took the speaker leads from the rear (full range) and added some wire and brought them to the 6X9's I installed in the sail plane. Its the best improvement I have ever made. The rear speakers are too far from you ears to make a difference.
      Phil

Comment

well, i already bought the 6x9's because i was stupid and didnt check, i just assumed. i already have the front 4 professionally installed so i dont feel like removing them, or cutting into the metal. how did the hatch close without the covers on? and i have heard the stock speakers back there by them self and they are super quiet, im sure if they are louder it could make a difference.

if anyone else has a walkthrough on how they did thiers it would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

the hatch closed fine without the covers but it just doesnt look right without them...if u can u should just return those 6x9's and get a smaller size

Comment

i dno, im too lazy, and they had a deal where you buy one get the other half off, and it would be extremely confusing trying to get everything striaghtened out. what kind of speakers were they, maybe you just had really big ones or something.

Comment

the were Alpine type r's and the grille was kind of big...if you want to then go ahead and give it a try

Comment

did you have to cut larger than the area of the stock grill cover is. if so, i think ill just try to return them.

Comment

yea you do not by much but if you were to ever take the 6x9's out and want to put the stock grille back on it wouldn't completly cover the hole

Comment

I put the Alpine 6 X 9 in the sale plain....some cutting but I am very pleased with the outcome.
                    Phil

Comment

Originally posted by PalmHarborBlkv6
                      I put the Alpine 6 X 9 in the sale plain....some cutting but I am very pleased with the outcome.
                      yea if you really want 6x9's then thats what i would do but my first choice would just to be go and get a smaller speaker

Comment

so would the 5x7's work in there better? or maybe even 6 1/2's?

Comment

Yes, they do (5X7) fit in the rear...the problem is that you are sitting in the front and your ears will hardly hear them...it will seem like the sound is in the next room. This is why GM put cheap mexican speakers back there as it really doesn't make
                          much difference.
                          Phil

Comment

yea i 5x7 will fit but a 6.5" wont and if you have subs i wouldnt even put speakers back there because you wont be able to hear them with the subs

Comment

well, seeing as im doing over my whole system i dont mind spending a little extra putting in speakers in the back. they will make a difference either big or small, but it doesnt matter to me. im sure i will like it and it will be loud enough. plus if i ever need to open my hatch it will sound awesome. i returned the 6x9's and got 5x7's open box for only 50 bucks and got 97 bucks back, so i got a pretty good deal.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X