Alpine Type X 12" Subs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpine Type X 12" Subs

The tweeter near my house is closing and havign a big sale. There are two 12 inch Alpine Type X's there. Originally $450 each only $205 each now. I could probably buy them but right now that would be draining all my money, seeing as i just bought a whole new set of speakers. It seems like such a good deal but, im not sure so. What do you think. I know some people will say to keep the money and its a waste but, i sure do love my music, lol.

Re: Alpine Type X 12" Subs

I love my music more than you love yours, so it would probably be wisest to send your money to me.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

haha, no way. id rather get some beastly subs out of the deal.

Comment

Well, beastly subs are always nice. I'm trying to figure out a way to squeeze a pair of easily removable 15's back there myself. With two kids and a business, sometimes I need what little space our cars have. I'm thinking some of those side handles like PA speakers have and a Molex plug of sorts so I can simply unplug the box.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

They have those t-top sub boxes. they have a hole for the t-tops. not sure how big, but seems like you could fit some stuff in there.

Comment

so, does anyone know if they are worth it?

Comment

They are worth it, sure. But you need to find a decent amp to push them. If you aren't looking to redo your system, I'd say leave them. You will end up spending more money than you want to.
              <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

Re: Alpine Type X 12&quot; Subs

Originally posted by Earnhardt132000
                They are worth it, sure. But you need to find a decent amp to push them. If you aren't looking to redo your system, I'd say leave them. You will end up spending more money than you want to.
                yep, the type-x's need a decent amount of power to push, especially 2 of them. you could buy the subs, then save for the amp... or not buy them and save that money for gas

or if youre undecided, just send the money to me for gas
                2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

u dont need 2 of anything in ours cars!!! The bass can be heard loud and clear enough at is is with just one powerful 10 or 12". I hate when people over due it, especially when they have bad speakers and/or ****ty deck.

I spent $300 total on my sub/box/amp/wires/install,,, and my **** slaps!!!

Comment

that is an awsome deal doode those subs are known to thump!!!
                    i have 2 treo 12 and 1 jl 15 and my whole back window rattles like crazy when i turn it up a little so be prepared for some rattle and get ready to spend some money on some dynomat.

Comment

im actually starting to change my mind. they are all over ebay for 200 brand new. these ones are the display models, so people probably did stupid stuff to them. hmmmmmmm.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X