Turn signal switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn signal switch?

Anyone know what kind of job this is to replace? My right directional is out. Left one works just fine. It's not the bulb, and the hazards work fine too. I've pretty much figured out, and been told it's the turn signal switch. How big/tough/complicated of a job is this to do yourself? Or should I just bring it in to a shop that does this kind of stuff? Thanks

Re: Turn signal switch?

It could be the turn signal relay, when mine went bad.. the flashers still worked.

If i were you, id replace that first to rule it out.
    Its only a couple bucks, maybe ten at most.

Pretty easy fix too

Under the steering wheel, *Turn signal flasher* Heres a pic for ya:

Last edited by StrtRacer98; 05-22-2007, 11:37 AM.
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Great info and pic, thanks...but if it was the turn signal relay/flasher, wouldn't that knock out both turn signals?

Comment

It depends, when mine first started going out sometimes my signals worked fine, sometimes it didnt work at all... Sometimes the left worked and the right didnt, and vise-versa.
        Then they just stopped flashing all together.

If its your turn signal switch, sorry im not sure about that but it would be cheap to replace the flasher and see if thats the problem, its a pretty common problem too.
        *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

It's worth a shot. I'll check it out, thanks.

Comment

Not trying to cut in on this thread, but I have a similar problem and I am seeking a similar answer. When I put on my left turn signal it will not shut off no matter how far I turn the wheel. I have to manually flip the turn signal back to center. It works fine when I make a right turn though. So I am interested to hear how difficult this would be as well.

Comment

Aren't there small plastic pieces inside the column, that can break off causing the signal to stay on? That's what I always thought.

Comment

Ok, replaced the turn signal flasher/relay...that restored the operation of the directional to the right/pass rear only...right/pass front was still not operating. I pulled everything off underneath, got to the front right bulb and sure enough, it was black. So I put in a new bulb, figuring that would take care of it...and nothing! Still not working. At this point, I kind of doubt it could be the turn signal switch, because the rear does work, but who knows? Everything looks good in there. The wires are clean, no corrosion etc. Anyone have any good guess as to what to try next? Thanks.

Comment

did you check the bulb after you replaced it? if you have a short it could just be constantly blowing bulbs one after another until you find and fix the short
                  2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

Yep, checked the bulbs after. They were good. Tried two different ones too. Same result.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X