Cig. lighter fuse blown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cig. lighter fuse blown

I hope this is a simple question for anyone who knows. My son, dropped a penny into his cigarette lighter recepticle in his '98 V6 Camaro, now, neither lighter recepticle works as a power source for his I-Pod. I was told this was simply a blown fuse, but when I pulled the fuse box covers (2) in the engine compartment, one of the covers was missing the label identifying the fuses. Can anyone tell me the location of the fuse that controls the two power recepticles below the radio? Thanks in advance. ZMZ376

Re: Cig. lighter fuse blown

just look for a blown fuse. its pretty easy to tell which one is blown. might check the instrument panel fuse block first. I know one of the possible fuses is there.
    Last edited by BLLDOGG; 05-21-2007, 10:06 PM.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

just look for a blown fuse, that may be easier considering that there are not many of them... if i had a schematic i would show it to you, but i dont....

good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
        might check the instrument panel fuse block first. I know one of the possible fuses is there.
        yea pretty sure they are in there
        1997 Camaro LS1 RS
        1994 Camaro - Sold
        1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Ok, thanks for the advice. This might be a stupid question, but where is the instrument panel fuse box? I don't have the owners manual to the car. Is it under the hood on the driver's side? There are two fuse boxes there that I have seen. Is there a link to a site that shows pictures of the fuse box?

Comment

open the dr side door and look where the dash meets the door
            1997 Camaro LS1 RS
            1994 Camaro - Sold
            1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

You have to open the drivers side door to expose the other fuse box.

Comment

#1 20A (stop hazard) #2 15A (Turn b-u) #3 15A (PCM BATT) #4 25A (Radio)

#5 20A (Tail Lts) #6 20A (HVAC) #7 15A (PWR Accy) #8 20A (Courtesy)

#9 10A (Gages) #10 15A (Airbag) #11 25A (cigarette/accy) #12 30A (Defog)

*IGN #13 10A (PCM IGN) #14 25A (wiper/wash) *BATT #15 30A (windows)

#16 5A (IP Dimmer) *ACCY #17 15A (Radio)

*****This is located inside the car, on the drivers side dash. Triangular cover should be the diagram on the back.

#11 fuse - Cigarette Lighter 25 amp

You can easily just pull fuses, check for a blown fuse and replace.
                *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Thank you everyone! I really appreciate the help!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X