Remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote

I have a 98 camaro and i assume that i have key less entry and the remotes got lost along the way. Ti has power locked windows and a alarm so i assume it has key less entry. Which remote do i get. I want one with the four bottons one for alarm. thanks for the help
    98 Mystic Teal Camaro
    Mods: FRA, K&N, Clears corners, runing lights, billet grille, All blue interior leds, All four highbeam mod, Halos

Re: Remote

GM16245100-29
    Canada:218101368
    MODEL/FCCID:AB01502T
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

thank you sir
      98 Mystic Teal Camaro
      Mods: FRA, K&N, Clears corners, runing lights, billet grille, All blue interior leds, All four highbeam mod, Halos

Comment

along this line, i just got my 96 camaro and i had no remote. did they all come with alarms and keyless? id love a remote with alarm, keyless, and trunk pop

Comment

no they didn't all come with alarms. mine didn't come with a remote either, but it had keyless. Lock the car via the power lock switch, wait 30ish seconds, and knock on the passenger quarter panel. if it doesn't honk, you probabl don't have the system. Another way to check, open the door of hte locked car with the key, and in mine at least, if you don't get the key in the ignition and in the 'on' position within a few seconds, the alarm sounds.
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

did they all pretty much come keyless then?

Comment

i have the alarm sensors and everything so mine does. I dont think they all did just do what he said and check if i lock my car with the power locks and open my trunk with the key my alarm automatically goes off
              98 Mystic Teal Camaro

Comment

or open the hatch via the trunk button or whatever, then lock the car, wait 30 seconds, and open the hatch, if the horn starts honking, you have the alarm system.
                sigpic
                1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Re: Remote & alarm

does the factory alarm system have a flashing red LED in the dash vent?

I didn't get any remotes with mine. Not sure if it is a factory alarm or not. Haven't seen anything that looks like an added alarm but not sure where to look either.

I need to find a remote or two. Maybe I'll try to reprogram one of my z24 remotes. I rarely lock it up anyway but neighborhood kids have been known to steal cigarettes and roaches but at least they leave cds alone LOL. I should probably figure out whether it has an alarm before I get screwed over and stranded from a starter kill or something.

Comment

Re: Remote & alarm

all 4th gen f-bodies have the vatts system, so the starter kill could happen to anyone of us. I think all 4th gens came with the flashing red led too, but i'm not sure on that one. Do some of the tests we mentioned to be sure.
                    sigpic
                    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Oh I do know it will honk, but no sirens or anything. I had set it off honking when I had the doors locked. I can shut it off with the ignition key. It seems stock from what I've encountered except the flashing LED.

Only have 1 ignition key too. That could be unsafe

Comment

stock alarm is just the horn. sirens are aftermarket. sounds like you have the alarm. if you have a shock sensor you have an alarm. just pick up the remote i mentioned earlier.
                        sigpic
                        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X