What to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do

I am getting a good bit of money from graduation and i am going to put a sub in my car. I am going to go with the Subthump stealth box. i was wondering what sub will be the best i can get for that box. I was looking at the 265 loaded package they have and it seems good and i was looking at L7. but i dont know what to get. I want a sub for 300 or less that will sound great and loud. i want that one sub to hit hard. can anyone help thanks.
    98 Mystic Teal Camaro
    Mods: FRA, K&N, Clears corners, runing lights, billet grille, All blue interior leds, All four highbeam mod, Halos

Re: What to do

i vote for elemental designs.

great subs, great SQ, and can hit hard if you want them to..

Not the hardest hitting though, and if that's all your looking for, i probably wouldn't suggest ED.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

i want it to hit pretty hard but dont want it to sound like crap doing it
      98 Mystic Teal Camaro
      Mods: FRA, K&N, Clears corners, runing lights, billet grille, All blue interior leds, All four highbeam mod, Halos

Comment

then don't buy sony.

Other's would probably know better, as i researched SQ when i looked for my sub and not hard hitting, but i've heard good things about Kicker subs for this style.

my ED sub is plenty enough for me though, depending on the style of music i'm listening to, i can shake the seats and have enough bass to the point where i can't hear anything else at all. More than enough for me.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Alpine type r's FTW

Comment

I dont think your going to get the kind of bass you want from a stealth box...

but yes, L7's are a hard hitting sub probably would be a good bet depending on the amp your going to use.
            *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

I think i might go with the l7 how is the sound quality. and what is a good amp. I was looking at kicker alpine hifonics. what is a good quality amo to push it
              98 Mystic Teal Camaro

Comment

A nice little 10" L7 will do just fine. I'll get you amp suggestions after I finish this essay.

/procrastination
                <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

thanks i appreciate it. i a wiling to put money into the setup. i want it to have as much power as possible. i was ooking at just getting the loaded box but i want more "hit"
                  98 Mystic Teal Camaro

Comment

Infinity Kappa Perfect :)

I have two 12s in my car on an 800WRMS Audiobahn amp. Great crisp sound and hits hard when I want it to. and I have only heard one system louder than mine, and it was two Kicker L7s in a ported box pushed by 3000RMS.

I'm sure one 10" will hit plenty hard, I had one wired up by itself and it was still louder than my friends' two 12" alpine type rs. Mine's tuned kickass though.
                    Last edited by JohnnyC; 05-16-2007, 12:36 AM.
                    \'97 Camaro M5 Y87 3.23 LSD, homebrew CAI, highfloCat, Flowmaster catback, Pacesetter headers, specstage3 clutch and aluminum flywheel, !egr, 2kW system.<br /><br />Possible L67 bottom end w/ abbott heads and a turbo in the works... gotta do more homework

Comment

Kicker 06S10L7 (2 Ohm DVC) - $209.99

Hifonics BXi606 - $189.99

These will work well together, and you can probably find some cheaper prices. Its getting late and I have to work on a project tomorrow, so I'll search for better prices when I have time.

And with the stealth box, there isn't much room. While the L7 is recommended for .06 cu. ft. more air space for the minimum air space (sealed), it will still pound pretty hard.
                      <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

You dont think i should go with a better amp. I heard good things about the hifonics but do kickers and alipne Etc. sound better
                        98 Mystic Teal Camaro

Comment

bro, here's the scoop, get two 12 " infinity subs at 1252 w with a Boss 1400 watt amp, you just can't go wrong. Thats like 230 for the subs and like 2 for the amp

Comment

If you can fit 2 12" subs into the stealth box, I will be very impressed. I guess reading comprehension isn't your guys' strong points. So I will bold it for you...

He wants to use the Subthump stealth box.

And the Hifonics will be very reliable, they are a great budget amp and will put out the 600WRMS that it is rated at. Kicker and Alpine are also good makes, but they are pretty expensive. Its up to you though, I'd say the Hifonics will do just fine.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X