1996 Camaro Lights... They don't make the cut. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1996 Camaro Lights... They don't make the cut.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 Camaro Lights... They don't make the cut.

So I had a headlight burn-out yesterday, and I was about to head to Canadian tire to get another one, but I thought I would check first... Are there any replacement or aftermarket options for the 96' camaro with the 4 glass rectangular bulbs?

I have had a look around for some high quality aftermarket bulbs such as Piaa, and Sylvania Silverstar, and even the Eurolite ricer brand... but nothing.

Has anyone upgraded the lights? I find they just don’t light enough of the road and the light doesn’t stand out very well, its not that nice clean white light, its kind of yellow light. Gross.
    MSN: inynn666@hotmail.com<br />1996 Arctic white -3800-<br />Pacesetter Headers & Y-Pipe, CAI, LS1 Dual Exhaust, LS1 Driveshaft<br />*15.17 @ 95MPH*

Re: 1996 Camaro Lights... They don't make the cut.

the more technical term for our headlights are "sealed beam headlights" they aren't really bulbs... the bulbs are silicon sealed inside the housing... and once they go out the whole housing is designed to be thrown away... this means that their lighting performance sucks hardcore... many people disassemble the housings and seal higher performance bulbs in the housings... most people use silverstars... i personally used PIAA XTRA White or whatever they're called... there's only one place i know of that sells "aftermarket headlights" for our cars... and those are just the mod described above sold in one package for a lot more expensive than if you did it yourself... http://eurolamps.com/eurolamps/camaro_headlights.htm ... there's also a mod where you replace the sealed beams with projectors... IMHO i think it looks ugly though... search the forums... this has been discussed quite a few times... there's also guides on the forums on how to do everything...
    Last edited by CoasterKev06; 05-10-2007, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Try the search feature. This topic has come up ~almost~ as many times as seafoam.

Sylvania Siverstar's are a really good replacement too.
      sigpic

Comment

Hahaha ok I'll try the search guys, thanks for the help.
        MSN: inynn666@hotmail.com<br />1996 Arctic white -3800-<br />Pacesetter Headers & Y-Pipe, CAI, LS1 Dual Exhaust, LS1 Driveshaft<br />*15.17 @ 95MPH*

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X