Components in Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Components in Back

Is there any reasons i shouldn't put the components i bout in the back seat panels. I was told on here that i dont need components in the back and i was wondering y. What should i do
    98 Mystic Teal Camaro
    Mods: FRA, K&N, Clears corners, runing lights, billet grille, All blue interior leds, All four highbeam mod, Halos

Re: Components in Back

back speakers are generally used for fill speakers. If these components your talking about are going to be the best speakers in your car, with the broadest range, the sound staging would be best if you put them in your doors because you will hear the most with them in front of you. For correct sound staging in a car, you wouldn't put the subs in the front of the car and the tweeters in the hatch. However if you already have components in your doors, there isn't a problem using them in your sail panels, but you probably won't want them as loud because it will sound wierd.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

So i should just put them in my doors and then buy a good set of coaxial for the rear
      98 Mystic Teal Camaro
      Mods: FRA, K&N, Clears corners, runing lights, billet grille, All blue interior leds, All four highbeam mod, Halos

Comment

Originally posted by Mystic98
        So i should just put them in my doors and then buy a good set of coaxial for the rear
        Yes, this would probably be ideal.
        <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

ideal for me would be get another set of components and a 4 channel amp.....thats what i did

Comment

If you want rear fill then coax would be best back there. I personally don't like rear fill at all because it throws off the sound stage and I'm all about sound staging but most like rear fill.
            2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

my opinion would be to put comps. in front and back for best clarity. Aim the rear tweeters toward the head rests and the dorr tweeners stright out.. sound awesome!... eclipse.\all the way around with 4 channel..

Comment

i put he components in the back. I just mounted the tweeter in the middle like a coaxial but they sound good. i had to make a speaker adapter out of play wood which worked pretty good i like have them in the back i will be replacing the front soon. what are a good component set for the front. thanks for the help
                98 Mystic Teal Camaro

Comment

Kind of a waste IMO but whatever floats your boat. I personally am a huge fan of elemental designs (edesignaudio.com). They are reasonably cheap, great quality and have proved to be pretty durable. The edi6500's are great and the edi6000's are ok (better than most for the price). they also have a pretty nice 6.5" subwoofer if you just wanted to move your components to the front and swap the subs in the back (they are really good for punchy bass). You would need an amp for those though. How much are you looking to spend?
                  2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X