eliminating culprits causing ENG SEN fuse shorting - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

eliminating culprits causing ENG SEN fuse shorting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eliminating culprits causing ENG SEN fuse shorting

Last night I bought a cheap 25ct pac of 20a fuses.
    I'd insert a new fuse in the ENG SEN spot where they'd been burning, then I'd remove the elec connector from ea emmisions and fuel sytem sensor I could, incl MAF, MAP, AIT, and such.

The 20a ENG SEN fuse continues to pop whenever I turn the key to ON, nomatter what sensor I disconnect.

I checked the grd wire on the fr of the block near the balancer, and on the left rr side under bank 1 O2 sensor.

I have looked at all the schematics on these sites and in the manual, but none seem to show exactly where the ground wires connect. Grd numbers like 110 do not help if you have no diagram showing #110's location...

Since the engine swap, I cannot get to the harness behind the block, above the bellhousing and between the firewall that the O2 sensors plug into. But when I reach my hand back there, I can grab or feel a dead end connector of some type, or something.
    Any ideas what this could be, and/or what I should look for back there, either from below or above?
    Besides that harness, what else is in that tight space? I cannot find a diagram that shows...

I do not beleive replacing the MAF, MAP, etc., will keep that fuse from popping, but I cannot get codes if no current is reaching the sensors! I have replaced the O2s, and they are clean and connected...

Thanks again. The usual searches where attempted...

Re: eliminating culprits causing ENG SEN fuse shorting

Thanks for moving to right forum...

Comment

Re: eliminating culprits causing ENG SEN fuse shorting

Found the O2 2 short, and the fuse fiaisco stopped.
      Today I blew another.
      Is there a favorite type or brand of sheathing this board likes?
      Also, O2 #1 bank 1 has a code P0134 No Input/Signal; is the connector the most likely trouble spot?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X