Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damnit..sub/amp problems

So i bought a 250 RMS /500 peak rockford P2 10" from ebay

I realized after i bought it that it was Dual 2 ohm voice coils.. (i wanted SVC)

Therefore the sub runs at 250 RMS @ 4 ohms..

I was hoping to get a mono black amp to run the sub, but most amps only push 150 RMS @ 4 ohms (the kicker amp i wanted anyways).. Would the kicker amp push the rockford P2 good? How do you wire a DVC into a mono block amp?

If all else fails i have to get a 2 chan amp.. Im looking at 2 rockford amps right now, both are 2 chan and about same price.. here are their specs

325 Watts RMS x 1 @ 4 ohms bridged (975 max wattage)

400 watts RMS x 1 Bridged Output at 4 ohms (im assuming over 1k max wattage)

Just to make sure.. do you plug each VC into 1 channel?

I dont want to blow the sub or anything, so is there a way to check how much RMS the amp is running at?

Re: Damnit..sub/amp problems

For that sub, you can find a 1-channel amp that does 250WRMS @ 1ohm. That would probably be cheaper, but it needs to be 1ohm stable.
    <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
      Hello everyone!
      by Andy H
      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
      4 weeks ago
    • 3.4 slow to go
      hey there strangers!
      by 3.4 slow to go
      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X