cluster interchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cluster interchange

i searched and didnt find anything pertinent so i figured i would ask.

1. would a cluster from a 96 firebird with a V6 fit a 94 with a V6

2. would a cluster from a 95 firebird with a V8 fit a 94 with a V6

My speedo is toast and both of them have close to the miles i have on mine and i checked it with a scanner while driving the car and the VSS is good and the trip odometer and overall mileage counter both add on miles accordingly.

Thanks
    Bill

Re: cluster interchange

if you put a V8 cluster in your car, youre going to have to use a power programmer or some kind of program to change your speedo so it reads correctly...

and as far as i know those gauges are interchangable
    2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

the tacks will be off in v6 to v8 . plus the oil presure reading will be off .

Comment

and you wouldnt need a programer cause thats held in pcm it just sends info to the cluster

Comment

Originally posted by CHEVYINSIDE
          and you wouldnt need a programer cause thats held in pcm it just sends info to the cluster
          i thought you have to change the stock programming, or its gonna tell you the wrong speed
          2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

no the pcm tells the cluster what speed to show . the cluster is stupid and the pcm give it comands .your going to use the program thats already in the pcm .

Comment

I recently replaced my cluster and what I have learned in the process is that, the 3.4 cluster speedo goes to 110 (93-95), the v-6 goes to 120 and the v-8 goes to 150. I swapped mine with the same I had and it works great. Not knowing if the cluster would read correctly, I went the safe route.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                Hello everyone!
                by Andy H
                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                4 weeks ago
              • 3.4 slow to go
                hey there strangers!
                by 3.4 slow to go
                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X