New speakers opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New speakers opinions please

I am starting to work on my stereo and i just ordered some kicker ks 6.5 components. anybody know how they will sound. My new alpine cda-9883 is killing my other speaker and they sound like crap and when i put the components all the way around i will put an amp to them but i will wait for the other to get done. Have yall ever heard the ks components? thanks
    98 Mystic Teal Camaro
    Mods: FRA, K&N, Clears corners, runing lights, billet grille, All blue interior leds, All four highbeam mod, Halos

Re: New speakers opinions please

What series components did you get? TR, VR, XR, or ZR? Did it come with a crossover?

They should sound pretty good, but better can be had for the money. Good choice on going with components regardless.
    <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

They are the ks series and they came with a crossover Here a link to the specs
      Kicker Ks6.5
      98 Mystic Teal Camaro
      Mods: FRA, K&N, Clears corners, runing lights, billet grille, All blue interior leds, All four highbeam mod, Halos

Comment

those will sound pretty good if u have 4 of them and if u have them hooked up to a good deck. I would reccomend a sub though for some good bass since those speakers wont give much unless they are amped.

Comment

I will get the Front ones in a week or two then i will have them amped shortly after.btw got them on ebay for 109
          98 Mystic Teal Camaro

Comment

So you only got 1 pair, correct? You don't really need components in the rear, they won't sound much different to you than regular coaxials.

And ouch, aluminum tweeters. Not my preference, but you might like it better than silk.
            <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              4 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X