which should i believe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which should i believe?

i just hooked up my MSD digital window switch for my nitrous, and looking at the tach while looking at it it looks like its reading about 200 rpms or so lower than the tach says, which should i believe? although when i am at idle my tach usually says just a hair over 1k or so, but the window switch is saying its right at 800, which sounds about right, its tapped into the brown/white wire going into the icm and set to 1 cylinder

Re: which should i believe?

I have had a tach and shift light that both agree with each other but read 200-300 lower than the instrument panel tach on for years. My personal opinion is that chevrolet just altered the instrument panel tach to read idle at 1000 so it would look pretty or something. So it winds up displaying higher than what it actually is. Not too many cars idle at 1000. Just my personal opinion though.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
      Hello everyone!
      by Andy H
      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
      3 weeks ago
    • 3.4 slow to go
      hey there strangers!
      by 3.4 slow to go
      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X