Installing Head Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Head Unit

just wondering if there is any mods that have to be preformed to install an Alpine Head unit, I heard from the shop where I purchesed the wiring harness that I may have to cut some metal in behind the factory deck, to get the aftermarket to fit. is this true, or do they slide in with no problems? thanks

Re: Installing Head Unit

At most, you might have to break off the plastic strap that's back there. I had to with my Sony. I did it with a pair of wire cutters... no big deal. Snip, snip, gone. Mine's a 2000. What year is your car?

Lounge Moderator

Comment

cool thanks, sorry cars a 97. wondering now what the small plug (the one that plugs into the left of the factory head unit) is for? alarm maybe? everything seems to work ok, reinstalled the factory deck, will have to cut the plastic piece out when i have more time

Comment

The left as in when looking at the back of the head unit it is on the left? If so it's your antenna.

Comment

sorry, not the antenna or not the main plug with all the speakers and crap, but the smaller plug with a red clip, bout 4 or 5 wires running from it. single row of pins, sorry to sound confussing

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X