Monsoon System Problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monsoon System Problems.

I got the monsoon system and it doesnt seem to want to play any of my cd's. it will play some of them, and likes to choose if it wants to work or not. Also, it doesnt read burned cd's, im guessing thats just the way it is, like, its not mp3 compatible or whatever. I really want to keep the system but if it doesnt read the mp3 cds or whatever im probably going to need to replace it. so...

1) Is it just mine, or are they not mp3 compatible.

and

2) Is it easy to replace with an aftermarket one and will my steering wheel controls still work. or, is there a monsoon system that has an mp3 compatible cd player.

thanks

Re: Monsoon System Problems.

You can order a module from circuit city so that your factory steering wheel controls will work with an aftermarket radio. (Kinda pricey i think)
    But I suggest that If you replace the headunit, you should replace the speakers and wiring as well.
    Monsoon system :tdown:.....

The system isnt to fond of being mismatched with monsoon/aftermarket audio.
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

hmmm...so if i wanted to get new speakers but keep the head unit (speakers crackle) i would want to replace everything out of it? how come? and why would the wires need to be changed too?

Comment

The monsoon speakers are wired Dual Voice coil, and the aftermarket speakers arent.... so its complicated to get them to sound good without cracking.

I think its easy to just run speaker wire to the doors and to the rear speakers so you arent dealing with the factory thin gauged wire.

I just reallllly dont like monsoon!
        *Matt

Comment

What speakers are you wanting to replace? Is this a Camaro or Firebird? If you have a maro and just want to change the front speakers there is a complicated way to get it to work. For this I'll recommend something I would usually condemn, the alpine Type S coaxial speakers. You will need to change some solder joints around though so I you aren't to keen on mondifying speakers just save up the money to redo the system. Monsoon is really a poor system.
          2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

my stock cd player does not work. the radio works fine what could it be i know i should just get a new one but....

Comment

They just go bad after a while. You could try using a cleaner CD to try to clean the lense and see if that fixes it though. Your only other options are to either put another stock one back in or you can upgrade (it's generally not worth paying to repair the stock HU), it's up to you.
              2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

you can find a stock one on ebay, but most of them are almost the same price as an aftermarket headunit.
                Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE1stcamv6
                  my stock cd player does not work. the radio works fine what could it be i know i should just get a new one but....
                  Factory headunits really arent worth messing with, it's pretty affordable to get a new radio now-a-dayz instead of repairing the factory.

For your benefit, if you need more information, please start a new thread in this section and people may direct their attention to your problem & can be used for searching by other members later on with a similar problem. :tup:
                  *Matt

Comment

Want an easy fix? Forget the CD...get the aux input adapter
                    for about $40 and transfer all your CD's to an iPod nano that
                    you buy...go to apple.com buy a refurb and save $$. Plug
                    in the ipod to your Monsoon and everything is fixed. U will have to get a charger for the iPod.
                    Changing head units and rewiring the car is a pain plus all the head units are made in China and they have poor quality control.
                    I mean if BestBuy sells it to you for $119, their cost is $60 and the mfg cost is $35. All that equals=junk
                    (the head unit that is)
                    Phil

Comment

You didn't really just say keep the non working CD playing in the car and ghetto rig it to use a MP3 only did you? I think that's pretty gay. Yeah your friend get in your car with a CD he wants you to listen to and you're like "oh yeah, my CD player doesn't work... but I got an I pod".

Comment

Yeah, well....I guess someday...iPods will catch on...but until then I guess you're right...new cd head unit, re-wire the entire car...thats the best idea.
                        Phil

Comment

i was actually thinking of getting a flipscreen and one of those lilliput car computers, so i can put cds in, and then burn them right into the car, so it would be easier and i would basically have microsoft windows in my car.

my friends aunt owns a car audio place. would it cost a lot to have them rewire all the new speakers in?

and its a firebird, btw

Comment

Carputers are great if you want to spend the money. And dude, you can swap a new head unit in and not rewire the car. I said it would be best to upgrade everything not that he had to. You really don't want to get into an audio argument with me, that, suspension, and FI are my passions... actually that's kinda sad... that is all my life has added up do :(
                            Last edited by T-Punk; 05-01-2007, 09:39 PM.

Comment

well, i was following more along the lines of what StrtRacer98 said. and seeing as it sounds like it would be good for it anyway, why not.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X