Power locks stoped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power locks stoped working

i have a 97 camaro and about 2 days ago my power locks stoped working both on the keyless entry remote and the switches inside. when i use the remote the lights still flash and the horn still honks like the car is locked but it never locks and the light flash when u use the unlock button on the remote also....and when ur inside the car and use the buttons in the car it makes the noise like when the locks engage but it never does....so if anyone could let me know what is going on that would be very helpful

Re: Power locks stoped working

if it makes a noise i doubt its a fuse then. maybe the actuators ? not positive
    1997 Camaro LS1 RS
    1994 Camaro - Sold
    1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

They just might be sticking... Unlock the doors and take out the orange/black piece and see if the doors lock/unlock.
      <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

yea i tried taking out the orange and black pieces and that didnt help any...and how would i go about checking the actuators

Comment

could just be the switch. i thought my passenger window motors was out, but it was just the switch because i could still control it with the driver switch, but not the passenger. same thing probably goes for locks
          1999 v6 Camaro M5
          Automatic to Manual converted
          Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
          !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

but its the buttons on both doors and the lock and unlock buttons on the remote....none of them will work the locks so i have to do it all by hand and use my key to open the door

Comment

could also be ur body control module, when i 1st got my car it had no power to windows or locks and after i replaced it it was fixed...just a thought

Comment

I have the same problem, except my interior lights stay on. I'm thinking maybe one of the light switches on the doors. I guess if your lights were staying on you'd know it though.
                \'97 Camaro M5 Y87 3.23 LSD, homebrew CAI, highfloCat, Flowmaster catback, Pacesetter headers, specstage3 clutch and aluminum flywheel, !egr, 2kW system.<br /><br />Possible L67 bottom end w/ abbott heads and a turbo in the works... gotta do more homework

Comment

alright thanks ill go check into those things u guys talked about and if one of those isnt it then i guess ill have to take it somewhere and have it looked at

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyC
                    I have the same problem, except my interior lights stay on. I'm thinking maybe one of the light switches on the doors. I guess if your lights were staying on you'd know it though.
                    yeah probably not the switches then. i just know when i have a problem, i like to have multiple options to try to fix it ;)
                    1999 v6 Camaro M5
                    Automatic to Manual converted
                    Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
                    !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X