stock Alarm problems.. Please help!!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

stock Alarm problems.. Please help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stock Alarm problems.. Please help!!!

okay guys we have a stock alarm on an 01 camaro and when you set the alarm it beeps like normal but then the alarm activates about 7-8 seconds later for 2 honks then stops (like you hit the panic button for 2 honks) i thought maybe it was the keyfob battery no i reset the keyfob no luck there so i manually locked the doors from the inside shut the doors walked away and it freaking did it again!!!! help
    2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
    1991 3000GT VR4
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Re: stock Alarm problems.. Please help!!!

Originally posted by vr4gasm
    okay guys we have a stock alarm on an 01 camaro and when you set the alarm it beeps like normal but then the alarm activates about 7-8 seconds later for 2 honks then stops (like you hit the panic button for 2 honks) i thought maybe it was the keyfob battery no i reset the keyfob no luck there so i manually locked the doors from the inside shut the doors walked away and it freaking did it again!!!! help
    I remember seeing something like this in my car manual. Look in there for the alarm and such. I just remember seeing something about 2 honks. Something to do with the alarm, I think.
    Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

i don't have a manual =\
      2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
      1991 3000GT VR4

Comment

Originally posted by vr4gasm
        i don't have a manual =\
        I would look it up now for ya, but I'm doing my calculus and gettin ready for bed. I will def look it up tomorrow if you can wait.
        Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

thats fine i already woke the neighbors up haha um.. i know other people have this problem i searched and people had the same problem but no one had an answer as to why or what started it
          2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
          1991 3000GT VR4

Comment

I was changing alternator last month at 10am and forgot about the alarm going off when the battery is messed with before it totally disconnected. The horn honked twice that time as well. Then all hell broke loose and I was wrenchin like a mutha F&C*#@

Comment

2 honks is like a warning signal for a light impact to the car.. My car honks twice when the firetruck drives by.. well actually, the firemen know my car does, so they down shift in front of my house every time they drive by to make sure it goes off lol. I know this isn't your problem, but it might possibly have something to do with the shock sensor?
              sigpic
              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
              1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

last night 3 times for NO reason the car went in to the 2 min. alarm mode!! grr i was looking at ls1tech and a guy was having the same problem somehow after a hard rain his shock sensor got filled up with water and was shorting out he drained it and dryed it.. it has been downpouring here for a few days and the other guy with the problem also said it happened after a hard rain.. so i am gonna take it apart later tonight and try my luck with that...
                2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                1991 3000GT VR4

Comment

1998 camaro does this too. it started doing it after i put my JL amp in and did it almost all the time, then i pulled it out in fall and it was fine. i think it might be the ground wire in the back of the car that needs to be cleaned, well thats waht im gonna try. cuz when i put my amp in the summer my car acted all funny , and it was because the chassi grounds were corroded, adn had a bad connection.

Comment

pulled the shock sensor out and it stopped doing it so who has a shock sensor they wanan sell?
                    2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                    1991 3000GT VR4

Comment

Originally posted by mazzon
                      1998 camaro does this too. it started doing it after i put my JL amp in and did it almost all the time, then i pulled it out in fall and it was fine. i think it might be the ground wire in the back of the car that needs to be cleaned, well thats waht im gonna try. cuz when i put my amp in the summer my car acted all funny , and it was because the chassi grounds were corroded, adn had a bad connection.
                      yeah, its your connection somewhere. When you lose a little connection in the battery the alarm will go off.

Comment

found the problem and the cure
                        2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                        1991 3000GT VR4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X