Standard Radio - Bose Speakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard Radio - Bose Speakers?

Is it possible to run the factory bose speakers with the standard delco cd player?

The speakers in my doors use a two wire harness and the bose speakers have 3. Is it possible to use the bose?
    1968 350 PG SC<br />1998 3800II M5

Re: Standard Radio - Bose Speakers?

your question is hard to understand. all speakers have two connections....positive and neg. no matter if they are Bose, JBL
    or anyone else.
    U need to take another look and there is no reason why a speaker will not work...the question is the impediance. If the speaker is 2 ohms then you need an amp putting out audio
    at 2 ohms.
    Phil

Comment

sorry. I got a door from a 96 Z28 with power mirrors and windows for $50 - a great find. My car had a speaker that was blown and it has a connector with two wires going to it. When i disassembled the door from the 96 Z28 i found a Bose Speaker with a box attached to it and a connector with three wires. I found some wiring diagrams and i am lead to believe that the standard speaker's two wires are "Sig +" and "Sig -". But the bose has a third which is "amp pwr". Can i use this with my 2 wire connection and add a power source?
      1968 350 PG SC<br />1998 3800II M5

Comment

you should be able to.. but what your saying is your going to have a bose speaker in one door, and a normal unpowered speaker in the other door?

The bose speakers can work with any deck, but they do not work correctly (eg subwoofer) The door speakers should be fine.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X