Charging Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging Problems

Im finally having charging problems. I think its my jet crank pulley. Ive only had my system and a few accessories to power up until now, but with the addition of my NOS and gauges things went to hell. Now if I dont keep the revs up when im driving it wont charge enough and it will be hard to start. Starter will just click. Should I ditch the underdrive pulley ? Get a yellow top ?

Re: Charging Problems

even if you did get the yellow top you would still be in the same boat. if the pully is causing the trouble, and you get the yellow top the same thing will happen. best way to check and be sure would be to use a multimeter to test.

if you dont have one there like $10 at walmart and are generally a good tool to have. use it to check the voltage while the car is on at idle. it should be around 13.5-14. test it with the pully on and with the stocker on. your probably going to see the with the underdrive pully its going to be lower than 13.5.

the alt is most likely not putting out enough power(becuase your underdriving it) and using the battery to supply the power needed to run your accessories. thus ending up with a dead battery.

also something to keep in mind when a regular battery (non-deep cycle like the yellow top) is completly discharged its damaged. it will not be able to hold the same amount of power again, it will still work though. so if you keep discharging it, it will just get weaker and weaker to the point where you will require a new one.
    <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

Re: Charging Problems

I think you just solved my problem. I left the radio on last week with my car off for a couple hours and it drained my battery enough to not start, and this isnt the first time. I push started it and ever since then I have been having this problem. Although I can usually get the car to start if I put it in gear and rock it back and forth a little.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X