Power problem, but where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power problem, but where?

I've been searching and I can't seem to find an answer to my problem. I've got some sort of a voltage issue with my stereo system and I'm not sure where the problems is. I have a 250w rms amp with a 250w rms 10" sub, hooked up with 8 gauge power and ground wire. It's grounded to the frame on the lip of the well where the spare tire is. I've cleaned and resanded the area where it's grounded to make sure it's grounded ok. When the engine is off on I can turn the stereo up as loud as I want with no problems whatsoever (loudest I've had it is 20, way too loud for me). When I'm driving around, however, the sub cuts out at very low levels (like 8 or 9). What is my problem? The amp wire is supposed to be rated up to 800w but is that it? Alternator issue? Battery? Ground? Anyone have any ideas?
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/briansr\" target=\"_blank\">97 White Pontiac Firebird 3.8 A4</a><br />Mods- 2.75\" exhaust, Dynomax muffler, magnaflow cat, SLP CAI, Hypertech 160* thermo, Fan switch<br />Suspension-Kumho Ecsta 712\'s, 32mm/19mm sway bars<br /><br />Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don\'t fail us now. <br />-Elwood Blues

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X