Power window & radio issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Power window & radio issue

What I would do is replace the Electric windows with manual ones to fix this problem once and for all and most importantly have some weight reduced from your car.

Comment

Originally posted by FireEagle22 View Post
      What I would do is replace the Electric windows with manual ones to fix this problem once and for all and most importantly have some weight reduced from your car.

Still wouldn't fix the radio going out.
      2001 Firebird 3.8L

Comment

I tried the fix on ls1tech a week ago and it has worked great so far. Just like everyone else, the bottom point was all cracked. It is really worth trying instead of dumping money on a new BCM.

Comment

Just to update, the problem went away once we replaced the BCM on the T/A.

So far, he hasn't had any issues with the radio or the windows...except that both of the window motors are just about on their last leg, as expected.
          sigpic

Comment

This issue hase just started to show up when I replaced the heater core so it all make since. (not sure if I pulled a wire or if the movement in the area caused issues with the solder joints) I will work on this weekend,and would like to thank everybody who posted.

Comment

i just now fixed this problem on my car. i always put it off because the damn bcm was so hard to get out.. i finally realized that theres a clip on the right side too; once i did that it easily slide out. you can see the crappy solder job a mile away when you open it up, haha. soldered it and put it back in within 10 minutes, radio/windows have worked perfectly since.
              1999 v6 Camaro M5
              Automatic to Manual converted
              Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
              !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

good to hear. I have to do this to my sisters trans am one day
                1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                1994 Camaro - Sold
                1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

quick question. I don't think it was mentioned on here, but on one of the links I was reading from LS1 tech, Greg Crowe makes a comment about "your mileage may vary, but I would reheat each of the 5 solder joints" I'm assuming this was maybe just a figure of speech, but I dunno. I don't want to take and "mess up" the fact that I have a very low mileage car for its year. if any of you have done this and noticed a "mileage" change, could you please let me know? or shed some light on what he meant? THANKS!

Comment

deff shouldnt have ordered a new BCM...all you had to do is open it up and re solider where all the main harnesses go into...it is a defect that gm had in them when they were on the machine air was caught in the solider so over time the connection would weaken ive had 3 camaros every single one did the same damn thing just a quick 10 min job

Comment

It sucks I have to do this again. I did it about a year ago, but I've never soldered anything before. Now the radia shuts off again.
                      1997 Chevrolet Camaro
                      L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

Originally posted by madmike3.8II View Post
                        quick question. I don't think it was mentioned on here, but on one of the links I was reading from LS1 tech, Greg Crowe makes a comment about "your mileage may vary, but I would reheat each of the 5 solder joints" I'm assuming this was maybe just a figure of speech, but I dunno. I don't want to take and "mess up" the fact that I have a very low mileage car for its year. if any of you have done this and noticed a "mileage" change, could you please let me know? or shed some light on what he meant? THANKS!
                        That was a figure of speech, fixing your BCM won't affect your fuel mileage in any way.

This is a great thread, I have this issue and now know how to fix it. Thanks!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X