Convertible Speaker Arrangement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convertible Speaker Arrangement

I can find lots of details on non-convertibles in terms of factory speakers, but what is the arrangement on convertibles...6-speaker? Where are the subs?

The reason for my question is that the factory system was put back into the car and I'm not sure that speakers were put where they should have been.

Also, should I decided to replace the factory speakers, what would you suggest for the convertible?

Thanks

Re: Convertible Speaker Arrangement

Its pretty much the same, the left and right door speakers, on the rear panels these just one small speaker left and right, its ok for convertible sorta loud.. I purchassed my car of my friend, just a month after he bought the subs, also has 2 small tweeters on the inside where the mirrors would go but inside of the door panelm i have 2 12' kickers comp and they made a custom box for it which takes all your space pretty much, even access to the donut spare.. but its worth it its needed since all convertibles need lots of power since its a closed trunk compared to a sedan or a coupe vehicle.

Comment

I have the Monsoon System...so tweeter and speakers (subs?) in teh doors and speakers in the rear side panels.

Any suggestions if I wanted to replace them?

Thanks

Comment

on my vert i put kicker ks6.2 components in the front. and in the rear couldnt find much that would fit in terms of depth so i just went with some 6.5" pioneers. I also replaced the HU so things might be different if you are trying to keep the stock hu

Comment

Thanks. Just trying to get a little crisper sound. Not looking to blow the the windows out, but would like to have better sound without a lot of fabrication. I'm fairly mechanically inclined, but really don't want to lose the stock look. Any other suggestions would be great.

Also..is there a wiring diagram for putting in after-market speakers so that I'm sure I have them phased correctly? Maybe it's in the pinned area and I missed it.

Thanks in advance.
          Last edited by RaiderNick; 04-06-2007, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X