Planning stages for new system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning stages for new system

So I am currently in the planning stages for building a stealth enclosure for one 10". I have not had time to start building the box because I am at school and my car is currently in storage, but I hope to in the next month or so. I just bought an amp and I had a couple of questions. The amp is a Pioneer gm-510m that runs 600W RMS at 2 ohms and 1000W peak. I plan on getting an Alpine Type R 4 ohm DVC sub and running it at 2 ohms. Has anyone used this sub before? If I am constantly running at 600W, is this going to cause any dimming of my lights? Also, I have not yet figured out where to mount my amp. My goal is to have it hidden, and not drill any holes into the car at all. I would like the install to be completely reversible. I do not have my car here for reference, but does anyone know if there is enough room to mount the amp on the back wall of the hatch (ie, on the opposite side of the CAMARO panel) behind the factory carpet? Like I said, I am still in the planning stages, which is hard to do without my car here in front of me.

Thanks
    2002 Camaro A4<br />K&N FIPK<br />Ravin exhaust<br />15.64 @ 90.11 MPH<br /><br />_ _ ___________________ _ _ <br />2004 Quicksilver/Black GTO M6<br />Stock except !CAGS

Re: Planning stages for new system

How big is the amp (I'm too lazy to look it up right now, plus my internet's really starting to piss me off)? If it's a fairly small amp (which I don't think it is being 1000W), you might be able to squeeze it under the left rear panel back in the hatch (forget the right name for it). Just a suggestion. As for if it would fit in the very back, I don't think under the carpet, but I may be wrong.
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

http://www.subthump.com/acamarorack2.htm

And I have a SWR-1242D sitting in my house right now. Just haven't got around to installing it and putting it through the paces.
      Red 96' A4 Firebird
      Audio Audio and Autotek
      Check it out here!

Comment

I actually left out a letter in the description in my original post. The model is gm-d510m and the dimensions are 10.6 x 9.8 x 2 inches. I am aware of the subthump amp rack, but I am trying to be as cost effective as possible with the install as well. Any of you guys with that amp rack....how does it attach to the back wall?? Do you have to drill through any of the vehicles metal?? If I can't fit the amp behind the carpet, I may have to use one of these pre-made amp racks.
        2002 Camaro A4<br />K&N FIPK<br />Ravin exhaust<br />15.64 @ 90.11 MPH<br /><br />_ _ ___________________ _ _ <br />2004 Quicksilver/Black GTO M6<br />Stock except !CAGS

Comment

Originally posted by 02CAMAROV6
          Has anyone used this sub before?
          My brother has dual Type R's in his 3kgt, i personally think they are great subs.

'96 Trans Am M6:) Cam, lifters, 1.6rr, lt4 springs, 4 bolt mains, long tubes, TDs, short throw...etc
          '99 Firebird SOLD 1/4 mile 15.4 @ 86
          '66 Ford SOLD

Comment

Bump for any info about the Subthump amp rack installation and alpine type R's.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X