big 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big 3?

found it. the thing i was talking about i guess is called the big 3. it talkes about grounding the battery, alternater, and engine block. What is the point of doing this? and what do you ground them to?

Re: big 3?

it lets current flow better.. and its not just grounding... its upgrading the wire that goes from battery to ground... then uprgrading the wire that goes from the battery to the alternator.. and the wire that goes from the battery to the engine block.. it lets the current flow better from the alternator to the battery so if you have a system with a big amp draw or other electrical stuff that draws alot of amps it wont hurt your alternator as much and wont make your lights dim as much and all that good stuff..
    1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Comment

oh ok thanks. i dont have a really big stereo system i was just looking for any increase in HP. From like the alt not working so hard or something. but i guess not. so thanks

Comment

nah there wouldnt be any horsepower difference.. sorry.. lol
        1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Comment

its used more often to get more power to high-draw sound systems than an increase in hp... if you have a system in your car id suggest doing it, couldnt hurt
          2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X